Re: Verizon Jetpack Usage doubled overnight!
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow you don't read all what I type! I set up my online account 4 months ago. That also did not reflect hardly any usage at all to me Until after I received the Outrageous bill ! So stop toying with me and setup your online account and learn before telling others what to do, especially if you have not done it yourself. grrrrrrrr wow the nerve of some people, telling others what to do and they themselves have not don it themselves. Practice what you preach or say nothing at all please. Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

shylev33 wrote:

Wow you don't read all what I type! I set up my online account 4 months ago. That also did not reflect hardly any usage at all to me Until after I received the Outrageous bill ! So stop toying with me and setup your online account and learn before telling others what to do, especially if you have not done it yourself. grrrrrrrr wow the nerve of some people, telling others what to do and they themselves have not don it themselves. Practice what you preach or say nothing at all please. Thank you.

I have setup my online account years ago. I said I never setup the overage alerts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RidgeRider wrote:

Thanks for the information. I'll try it.

I got an email from Verizon saying you had accepted my follow request. I tried to direct message you just now and it says I am following you, but doesn't allow me to direct mail you. Nothing new with that. It also gave me your full name. That is usually an indicator that I can direct mail you. It just depends on which way the wind is blowing. Wade

You might be following that person RidgeRider, but they are not following you. If they didn't send you a follow request and/or you didn't haven't accepted it, then you can't send Direct Messages between each other. Both parties have to follow each other for the Direct Message system to work. I'm not going to explain it anymore.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, I know, Ann, but the direct message system sometimes works for me, sometimes not. Montereyone accepted me and I was notified. But as of one minute ago I still cannot DM him.His name is Bruce. Where could I get that unless Verizon sent it to me. Please confirm Bruce. Wade

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The full name was displayed because of their privacy settings being set to allow their followers and those they are following the ability to see that information.

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

montereyone, will you please put your cursor over my user name and click on follow me. If you are already showing that your are following me, please answer this post. Otherwise you will just stop following me. Wade

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

So, Ann, this email from Verizon means absolutely nothing, huh? I can't direct message him, and he can't direct message me. Wade

You are now montereyone's connection.

Verizon

x

Verizon Wireless Community <community@verizonwireless.com>

Feb 28 (1 day ago)

to me

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

RidgeRider wrote:

So, Ann, this email from Verizon means absolutely nothing, huh? I can't direct message him, and he can't direct message me. Wade

You are now montereyone's connection.

Verizon

x

Verizon Wireless Community <community@verizonwireless.com>

Feb 28 (1 day ago)

to me

It only means the user approved your follow request and you are listed as following the user. It doesn't mean the user is following you.

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

We now following each other's comments and you are 2 days late in response. Wade and I can Directly send messages back and forth.

But since my 18 Gigs of bandwidth is almost gone at 17.8 G in less than 14 days instead of 30 days. I will not be online ahgain until after the 17th of March. Maybe, if Verizon corrects  and reduces my overage charges.

grrrr On top of that I was not online and my PC was off and my Jetpack showed a computer connected. So, I told my device to block them permanently and then went to vz.jetpack and change login security password to my Jetpack. Maybe NOW I will not go over on usage anymore. Maybe. Also I found on my online account the stats and they have some past month bill on my new bill. So, on Monday I will be talking to Verizon again to get to correct billing errors and reduce my bill.

0 Likes
montereyone
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are other forums that are specific to Verizonwireless and also for Millenicom at www.dslreports.com and evdoforum.com and others but these two usually are fairly current with the posts being made. As Verizon owns and manages this website the usage is more restrictive and threads get closed without notice.

For our part with the cost for 10GB of $80 from Verizon and 20GB for $70 from Millenicom to use the same Verizon network we will be switching to Millenicom at the end of the current billing cycle. I went back a year on the forums and found no mention of Millenicom over charging or there being mysterious usage levels. I cannot say conclusively that the problem is with the Verizonwireless billing system but it certainly appears to be the case.

0 Likes