Re: Verizon Jetpack Usage doubled overnight!
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Bruce, please send me a follow request. Wade

0 Likes
OnTheRoadGirl

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations per .  See for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

A team of Verizon Customer Service Supervisors/Managers looked into my complaint. At first they tried to stand firm on only giving me only a $90 Credit ( a 25% Credit on Overage Charges ) I continued to emphasize that they, The Verizon Company was at Fault for not sending mea single Usage Warnings thru Text Messages, for the Billing Period of Jan. 17th to Feb 16th, 2013. Despite Ever Since October 2012 I was setup for and always received usage warnings, Including this Current Billing Period. The Verizon Supervisor got the Go ahead to give me a 50% on Overage Charges, not 50% off on whole entire bill. They Finally agreed that they were 50% at Fault for not sending me Text Messages warning me about 50%, 75%, 90% and You might have overages on Next bill ending Feb 16th, text messages. So, I was Credited 50% on Overages = $180.50 ... I then immediately went to the Mall and Paid my remaining balance of $293.64 ... Which should have been still only $130. But, I am not going to fight it anymore, I do think I fought a good battle.

Even Though I felt the Bill should have been no more than $200. at 2G per $10. Sad thing is I need the Internet and I am being VERY ProActive in Watching for Hackers hacking my internet access and block thier Computers and Watching how much and how BIG on what I am downloading and uploading. This means No! YouTube, HULU, Flashplayer, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, iTunes, etc... Usage when using my Verizon Jetpack.

I did increase my Broadband usage to 20Gigs for extra measure and change my Jetpack Security Password as well.

0 Likes
montereyone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just switched from using Verizon's wireless network through Verizon to using the same network through Millenicom.com and now pay $69 for 20GB a month. Still outrageously expensive but not the $150 a month this amount of data usage would cost if I bought it directly from Verizon. And no contract with Millenicom and I used the same 4620LE I had bought from Verizon only with a Millenicom SIM card inserted inside it.

If you are using Firefox for browsing there is a great free application called NoScript and it blocks scrips from running and so all the extra content from advertisers (including their video clips) is blocked before it can begin, at the time the page is loading onto your computer. It also blocks the apps that woud otherwise be downloaded to your browser and then start tracking everything you do on subsequent web servers until you close Firefox. There are websites I visit that routinely would download a Twitter and a Facebook app and then all my transactions with all websites would be also routed to Facebook and to Twitter and ultimately to the government's super servers in Utah for data minining by government and contract spooks.

To me it is a no brainer to use this free app that insures that 100% of the data coming down to your computer is data you want to see and the minimizes the data being syphoned off by companies like Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Twitter, and Facebook, and then resold to their client companies or handed over to the feds.

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

its http://www.evdoforums.com/ not evdoforum.com as you stated.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
montereyone
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have a 4510 or 4620L or 4620LE device with Verizon it can be used with Millenicom which has a $69 a month 20GB plan that uses Verizon's cell tower network. I paid $175 for the early termination but did not pay the $100 to buy a 4620LE from Millenicom as a brand new subscriber would have to do. So for $75 plus the activation fee with Millenicom I was on their plan and still using the Verizon network from my house and on the road.

As Wade mentioned I slid out the Verizonwireless SIM card from behind the battery in the 4620LE and slid in the millenicom.com SIM and restarted the 4620LE and it connected and I was on the new plan. Very simple procedure.

RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Worry Free Guarantee® FAQs

General Information

1. Why does Verizon Wireless have a Worry Free Guarantee®?The number one question most people have when they purchase a new product or when they do business with a company for the first time is what happens after the sale. It is a concern reiterated almost universally by consumers who are tired of finding out after the fact that the company with whom they have chosen to do business is not interested in their problem when something goes wrong.

The Worry Free Guarantee is our customer commitment that solidifies how Verizon Wireless does business nationwide. The Worry Free Guarantee is multifaceted, but the core of the message is that customers who choose Verizon Wireless are getting a commitment that we will stand behind the products and equipment we sell.

Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling in my tummy! Wade

0 Likes
RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Oh. I misunderstood what that sentence ment. Anna and her supervisor, Sean, cleared it up for me. They both told me that that was the 14 days trial period, only. After that you're on your own. Anna and Sean both work at the Verizon Customer Service Center.

I also found out my cancellation fee was down to $130. Got that from Anna.

I told them both to cancel my contract at the end of this billing period, which is Midnight, March 20th.

Then I called back a few hours later. The lady there confirmed the cancellation.

Interesting story. I lost my ability to log onto my account to check my data usage, and also to post or reply on the Verizon Community forum

I called tech support. Justin answered my complaint. I told him that this has happened before and that I thought a Version employee was causing it. He checked and said he couldn't get on the forum either, so it was probably a system error. I wasn't buying it. He did a reset of my pass word and finally got me able to reach my account information. Justin said he would turn in a technical support ticket and would call me back in a day or two. I have been told that so many times I just didn't give it another thought. I have also NEVER, EVER, received a written letter from any Verizon employee. Save a tree, don't you know.

Well, seems like the magic word is accuse a Verizon employee! My problem was fixed within 24 hours. I'm not sure how many hours because I do have a life. (I know.) Then the unthinkable happened. Justin called me. I thanked him and told him that my problem had been fixed.

More miracles. On Saturday, 3-16-13, I got three letters from the Verizon Customer Service Center. Thanked me for being a Verizon user, etc. Well, that tree died.

I took montereyone's advice. Thanks, Bruce! Wade

RidgeRider
Contributor - Level 3

Ways to get help:

File an FCC complaint.

http://www.fcc.gov/topic/complaints

Write

1. Daniel S. Mead

President and CEO of

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1025

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Department

777 Big Timber Road

Elgin, IL 60123

Or where I got the three letters Saturday.

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Department

PO Box 4001

Acworth, GA 30101

URL to go to Verizon’s Notice of Dispute and file one.

NoticeofDispute@Verizonwireless.com

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

Might get some help here.

"Verizon Wireless Executive Relations" cersSOExecutiveRelations@verizonwireless.com

Read the URL

Wade

shylev33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have looked at and considering other Wireless companies that charge and cost less than Verizon and do not pull tricks to make extra money of people like me. In the past few weeks i have heard and read many stories of being rail roaded byso technical errors or human error, but putting the blame on the customer. I thank everyone for their impute and advice. It will be at least 2 more months before I can cancel my account with a decent cancellation fee that will not break my bank account.

Verizon's Internet speeds and access to the internet is Great. But the past 2 months experience has damaged my trust in them when it comes to billing and warning me of how much usage I have used.

I wish for 2 things. Verizon to learn from thiis experience and for all that read my forum thread to be better equipped on how to handle things like I did, without using abusive and foul language and to stick to their guns that Verizon is at least 50% at fault when they fail like they did in my case.

Thank you and have a great day.

0 Likes