Verizon MiFi 2200 issue
markge60

Hi, I recently bought a Verizon MiFi 2200 second hand and it worked great up until last week.  Last week there was a service failure/server down issue with Verizon and all of it sudden it stopped working.  The service has been restored, I know that, because I can get online at home with my laptop and everyone at home can get online, but the MiFi has failed to work.  I have tried removing the battery and putting it back in, and I think I have tried resetting the device too.  Can anyone think of any other ideas that might help?  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon MiFi 2200 issue
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=4726 has the device manual.

How do I reset the MiFi device back to factory settings?
The master reset button is in a small hole located on the bottom of the device. This button returns
the device to factory settings, including re-setting the network name (SSID) and network key (Wi-Fi
passkey) to those printed on the sticker affixed to the back of the device.
1. Place one end of an unfolded paper clip in the master reset button hole.
2. Press the paper clip on the button until the Service Status LED blinks green one full blink and
then a very brief blink (about five seconds).

I don't know if you have to activate after that or not.

--

Clarence

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RobertLindner

Turn it off.  Pull the battery.  Wait 10 seconds.  Reinstall.  Re-try.

0 Likes
vicks
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the back side of the unit is a little tiny hole.  Use a pointed pen or needle to push it in, hold it for 15 seconds.  This should reset the unit...Good Luck

Vicks

0 Likes
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=4726 has the device manual.

How do I reset the MiFi device back to factory settings?
The master reset button is in a small hole located on the bottom of the device. This button returns
the device to factory settings, including re-setting the network name (SSID) and network key (Wi-Fi
passkey) to those printed on the sticker affixed to the back of the device.
1. Place one end of an unfolded paper clip in the master reset button hole.
2. Press the paper clip on the button until the Service Status LED blinks green one full blink and
then a very brief blink (about five seconds).

I don't know if you have to activate after that or not.

--

Clarence

0 Likes
Re: Verizon MiFi 2200 issue NOPE!
NickRich91

Well, here is the sad thing. Verizon now sucks! Sorry... If you are having this issue, then you might as well hack Verizon and shut everyone else down too. I just started having this happen on the 19th of May, 2011. They told me that they don't know why it's happening. Now it seems that from 8 A.M. to 11 P.M., internet = sucks! Dial-up would beat it in a download! But, from 12 A.M to 7 A.M., internet is almost as fast as Comcast, which I will hopefully have soon. Here is the thing with Verizon. They are money thirsty and will **bleep** any customer out of any money they have. Now I have two devices that will soon be worth nothing. I plan to burn them and post the video up on YouTube. I bet I will pass 20,000,000 views. So in a nutshell, if your Verizon device starts **bleep** up, you are screwed so just get out while you can. Thank you!!!

0 Likes
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

NickRich91 wrote:

Now it seems that from 8 A.M. to 11 P.M., internet = sucks! Dial-up would beat it in a download! But, from 12 A.M to 7 A.M., internet is almost as fast as Comcast, which I will hopefully have soon.

I find the MiFi 2200 to be faster than the local coffee shop DSL, around 1.4MBytes/sec, as long as it is EVDO, with a good signal.

At my house, it toggles between EVDO and 1xRTT, because of a signal level around -105dB on either of them, listed in the advanced diagnostics page.

I am quite pleased with the area coverage and speed of the MiFi 2200, but I am not using it as my full time Internet connection.

--

Clarence

0 Likes
NickRich91

Ok, but this is all I have at my house. I live in a newly built house and we only get Verizon Mifi. So the sad thing is is that I have to either go and waste money on a signal booster, move (which would **bleep** suck!), or the third option is to do what I did when I lived in town. I bought the sprint 3G device hearing it was a good deal, NOT!... I then deactivated it and made it work without a sprint account. No usage limit or anything. Just free unlimited internet. It's a common trick nowadays due to **bleep** providers like Verizon and Sprint. It is very sad that I had to do that but hey, they wanna **bleep** me, I'll **bleep** them back. I'm thinking of deactivating my account and doing the same with my Mifi2200. There is a working video on the net and my friend successfully did so himself, he lives down the road. So I could do that and get a signal booster. I could **bleep** Verizon and get free faster internet.

0 Likes