Verizon MiFi® 4G LTE Global USB Modem U620L functions
FF17

When the Verizon MiFi® 4G LTE Global USB Modem U620L is plugged into a laptop, (a) does it give the laptop GPS capacity (so that, for example, GPS navigation apps would work on the laptop)?  (b) can anyone with a text message (SMS) capacity on their phone or other device send a text message that can be read on the laptop?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon MiFi® 4G LTE Global USB Modem U620L functions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd love to take a closer look into the issue, FF17! Lets ensure all features and functions are functioning properly. What happens when you attempt to use a GPS feature on the laptop? The device does have the ability to receive a text unless a text block has been added to the line. Do you have VZ access manager on the laptop[?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FF17

I do not have the device yet; I was trying to ascertain its functions. I would envision using it on my Macbook Air 11 (2014 ed.) & wanted to know if the device would give the laptop GPS functionality.

Thanks for the reply.

[

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The MiFi 4G LTE USB modem is for internet access only. It does not contain a GPS antenna. You could always purchase a gps antenna separately.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes