Verizon Support Gave Up, USB760
Birdcrazy

I at first had a UM175 Mobile Broadband USB device, this worked property on my laptop and desktop computers. Then, someone stole my laptop and the UM175 device. I didn't have much money, so I replaced it with a USB760.

What happens is that the device will suddenly disconnect, then it will say "Device not Detected", then "Powering on Device" The device never powers back on. I have to use Windows Task Manager (I am using Windows XP) to close Access Manager because ti has problems closing correctly after this, then I have to unplug and replug the device back in.

I've called support so many times. They sent me a replacement device and that one has the same problems. They told me to change the setting on the computer that allows computer to shut off device to save power, no luck. They had me uninstall and reinstall VZ manager and the modem drivers, no luck. They sent me a Y connector USB wire thing... no luck. I've tried using an older version of Acess Manager, no luck. I've tried dialing the connection without access manager, no luck.

Support over the phone finally said they don't know what else to do. I'm stuck. I would love to buy a UM175 again, but I'm unemployed and can barely afford to pay the 60 dollars a month.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Support Gave Up, USB760
Not applicable
You could purchase a CradlePoint router and plug your USB760 into the router. This way you don't use the Verizon Access Manager software. I have a USB760 and have never had any problems plugging it into my laptop or using it with the router. Also, maybe you need to update your drivers for the USB760.
0 Likes
Birdcrazy

I already own a different kind of USB router thing when I need a WIFI hotspot. The device I have plugs into a USB port. I don't keep it plugged in all the time. I don't have the money to get a cradlepoint. I don't have to use VZaccess software anyway, I found it is possible to connect without using it, but it still has the problem

Also, the drivers for the thing should be up-to-date, but I guess I could check.

0 Likes
Birdcrazy

I can't figure out how to download just the drivers, I'm always taken to the VZ Access Manager page and that's up-to-date.

0 Likes
Birdcrazy

If this helps, the problems gets worse when something else is plugged into the USB ports.

0 Likes