Verizon Wireless Fivespot™ Global Ready™ 3G Mobile Hotspot used with the new Kindlefire
vtsuncruiser

Hi,  The new Kindlefire by Amazon has been announced today.  This device is wireless.  I know I have had visiting family members connect their wireless "ITouch" up via my "5 Spot" but before I purchase the Kindle Fire need to be sure that it will work as well.  In the specifications it says regarding wifin connectivity, the following:

"Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, or 802.1X standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks. "

I think I would be okay, but just would like some kind of verification that the Fivespot falls within the above description ... HELP!!!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Fivespot™ Global Ready™ 3G Mobile Hotspot used with the new Kindlefire
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great news it sure does. You should have no problems using your Fivespot with the Kindlefire. Here's a link to the user manual to verify the specifications. This is a great link as well for support for the Fivespot I use it all the time. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you

0 Likes