Verizon Wireless Jetpack 4610 "Unable to Join" Error (iphone, ipad2)
phknie

Hi,

Need some help:

I have a Verizon Jetpack 4610 through work and continue to have trouble connecting certain devices. My Windows 7 work computer has zero issues and works well. However, I am having trouble with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Everytime I attempt to connect either device I get an error message reading, "Unable to Join Network." Obviously the password is correct, I cannot figure out the technical issue. At first, I thought it may be some scheme to avoid me using the device and saving data on my iPhone, but it doesn't work with iPad either. I haven't tried another computer, will do when I can. I did read that there is a firmware update and thought that may help.

If it is the firmware, can I somehow tell Verizon to push it to the advice or is the only method downloading and installing?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Jetpack 4610 "Unable to Join" Error (iphone, ipad2)
Hemingray
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do iDevices support WPA2? Try changing the 4610 to use WPA and see if that helps.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Try a different password type on the MiFi.  Either you are not entering the password correctly or your devices do not like the kind of password you are providing it.  The MiFi gives you several possibilities to choose from in this area.  Anything with WPA2 is always the best so start there and work your way down.

To change the Wireless Password:

1. Power on the MiFi
  2. Establish a wireless connection by typing in the old password
  3. Navigate to http://mifi.admin
  4. Enter your admin password the textbox in the upper right hand corner
    a. Default password is either "admin" or
    b. Default password is on the back of your MiFi
  5. Click the Login button
  6. Click the WiFi tab
  7. Change your Security setting to a different kind
  8. Double check your Network Key
    a. Depending on the security level there will be minimum requirements for password strength
  9. Click Apply
0 Likes
solex

I am also having this same problem and what does not make sense is that I am able to attach other devices such as Android phones and tablets - jus not my iPad 2. I also get the "Unable to join the network "Verizon-xxx-xxxx" error.

Why can I connect Android phones and tablets, Windows 7 PCs and such with ZERO problems, but the iPad 2 just will not work? Changing the password is not the answer. There is obviously some kind of isse between the Jetpack and the iPad.

Verizon should investigate this.

0 Likes
solex

After troubleshooting this, I finally figured out the problem - at least in my case. Somehow, the Jetpack added my iPad2 to an ACL list that was set to an explicit deny on the MAC address. I certainly did not add it to any ACL.

I had to log on to the WebUI and remove the ACL/MAC address for the iPad 2 and then I was able to connect.

0 Likes
laf3

how did you connect to the webui?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Navigate to http://mifi.admin

0 Likes