Verizon wireless hot spot, overheats?
Protego

Why does my Verizon wireless hot spot thing over heat? It's been happening just recently now. Is that normal/typical? What's wrong? Thank you guys very much!

<Post moved from the to for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wireless hot spot, overheats?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone or device do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Protego

Mi-fi 4G Lte. Please do answer again!

Message was edited by: Protego <Full name removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you have a marginal signal, the device will get hot. My phone does the same thing when on a fringe signal

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

MiFi's should not be overheating to a point where they are failing.  If you find that your MiFi is too hott to handle then perhaps your battery is defective or not charging correctly.  Defective devices should be covered by the MiFi's warranty so feel free to call it into VZW support for a replacement.

Keep in mind, you should not be exposing your MiFi to extreme conditions either.  Leaving the MiFi on the dash of a car, in a window well at home or inside a carrying case all day may cause the device to heat up and damage itself.  You should be smart and keep it in the shade and well ventilated while the device is powered on.

For example, I can leave my MiFi 4620L on all day (charging when needed) without it even feeling warm to the touch.  However, my MiFi sits on a desk and is not exposed to extreme conditions either.

0 Likes