WHAT ARE THE UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD SPEEDS?
kjdean47
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHAT THE UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD SPPEDS?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHAT ARE THE UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD SPEEDS?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here are the publicly stated expected speed rates for the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. 4G LTE speeds vs. your home network | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

That answer depends on the context of your device, plan and service area.

Please share more information such as the suggestions above so we can accurately answer your question.

Generally speaking there are two main tiers of performance with Verizon, 3G and 4G LTE.  There are also other scenarios that may apply according to your Verizon device and your service area.  You will have to clarify what scenario you are asking about first.

0 Likes
kjdean47
Enthusiast - Level 2

My service with Verizon is one or two bars of 4G LTE. We have never seen 3 or 4 bars of service at our location in rural upstate NY.I am currently on a 4GB data plan as we only use the Verizon service for our cell phones. This will change to whatever is best if I can get the internet via 4G LTECurrently, our internet service is via HughesNet Gen5 where the best speeds are 15Mbps down and 5 Mbps up.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

So, you're thinking of using your Verizon cell service as your internet provider if you can get better up/down speeds?  Will you be providing a hot spot for your laptop or other devices that access the internet?  How will the cost of your internet data consumption by your current internet provider compare to that of using your cell services as the internet provider?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here are the publicly stated expected speed rates for the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. 4G LTE speeds vs. your home network | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kjdean47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, if I can get equal to Gen5 speeds, I will switch to an unlimited plan for our cell phones (2) and one tablet. Then I would acquire a jetpack device from Verizon to facilitate broadcasting the WiFi signal in our home to our computers (one laptop and one desktop). Gen5 service is expensive....$50 per month for 30GB of usage., and they have no unlimited plan. If I go up to 50GB with Gen5 it is $75 per month.

Our usage profile is roughly 25-30GB per month on HughesNet.Our usage on our cell phones and tablet is less than 3GB per month.We do not download video or stream as the speeds are just to slow in this rural area.

So, if the Verizon service works, and speeds are comparable, we ditch the HughesNet and expand to an unlimited VZ plan with a jetpack device, too.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There isn't a good way to boost reception with Satellite but it is possible to boost reception and performance with cellular.  If you are willing to invest in an amplifier and antenna system you may be able to exceed the results from your current HughsNet connection.  There are many DIY kits that can accomplish this for you as well as many contractors who could do it for you.

Otherwise without some kind of assistance the natural Verizon signal is likely to perform worse than your Satelite based on what you have observed so far.  We wouldn't know for sure unless you were able to capture some speedtest data to compare the two connections.

To collect speedtest information:

1. Navigate to www.speedtest.net

2. Click Begin Test

3. Wait for Speedtest to collect Ping, Download and Upload statistics

4. Runt he test a minimum of 3x to build an average

5. Report your findings to us

You can run the same tests over Verizon and HughsNet to compare your actual performance as compared to the technology standards.  Your actual results will vary but using something like speedtest to evaluate performance can be a powerful tool.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Beyond Unlimited Plan restricts the high speed hotspot data to 15 GB of usage per line per billing cycle. After the 15 GB, your speeds are reduced to 3G speeds with a maximum of 600 kbps.

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

kjdean47, we appreciate your interests in expanding your devices and internet service with us at Verizon. We completely understand how important it is to find the right plan that suits your needs and your budget and we’re always happy to help. It sounds like you’re looking to replace your home internet service all together. May we ask how your cellular service has been working for you in your home? You’ve mentioned that you’ve never seen more than 3-4 bars of LTE. Are you currently experiencing any issues when attempting to connect to the internet?

It’s important to have the right expectations before making any changes to your account. Since cost is always a major factor, we wanted to go over some potential pricing details with you as well. If you decided to move your two phones, tablet, and add a jetpack with our Go Unlimited plan, your monthly bill would be $180.00 per month or $210.00 per month on our Beyond Unlimited plan. This price quote simply covers the line access charges and does not include any discounts, additional features, taxes or surcharges.

In your original post, you were inquiring about speeds. Please know that while using the service indoor, we’re unable to guarantee that you’ll receive the best reception. Additionally, if you decide to go with the Go Unlimited plan, the internet speeds will be lower while using the mobile hotspot or the jetpack itself. The benefit of the Beyond Unlimited plan will provide you with 15 GB of high-speed mobile hotspot or jetpack data usage for each line. Once the 15 GB has been reached, the speeds will be reduced up to 600 kbps. You can learn more about these details at https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kjdean47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Samantha;

Well, right now at best I have only 1-2 bars of 4G LTE cell service at our rural residence in Milford, NY.While we are in a VZ red zone, we are next to certified VZ white zone.Our VZ cell tower is 6 miles away from us to the Southeast.All of this is from your tech support team.

This coming summer by using a VZ antenna and a jetpack I am going to try to get to 3-4 bars of 4G LTE service.Then once I have that confirmed, I will try VZ internet via my hotspot.If it is as fast as my Hughesnet Gen5 I will ditch Hughesnet, and move over to VZ internet on an unlimited plan.

Thank you for your help. Merry Christmas!!!

Regards,  - Kevin

On ‎Sunday‎, ‎December‎ ‎24‎, ‎2017‎ ‎01‎:‎09‎:‎47‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CST, samanthat_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

#yiv4308580210 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

Shop

Support

My Verizon

| |

WHAT ARE THE UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD SPEEDS?

created by samanthat_vzw in Broadband & Netbook - View the full discussion

kjdean47, we appreciate your interests in expanding your devices and internet service with us at Verizon. We completely understand how important it is to find the right plan that suits your needs and your budget and we’re always happy to help. It sounds like you’re looking to replace your home internet service all together. May we ask how your cellular service has been working for you in your home? You’ve mentioned that you’ve never seen more than 3-4 bars of LTE. Are you currently experiencing any issues when attempting to connect to the internet?

It’s important to have the right expectations before making any changes to your account. Since cost is always a major factor, we wanted to go over some potential pricing details with you as well. If you decided to move your two phones, tablet, and add a jetpack with our Go Unlimited plan, your monthly bill would be $180.00 per month or $210.00 per month on our Beyond Unlimited plan. This price quote simply covers the line access charges and does not include any discounts, additional features, taxes or surcharges.

In your original post, you were inquiring about speeds. Please know that while using the service indoor, we’re unable to guarantee that you’ll receive the best reception. Additionally, if you decide to go with the Go Unlimited plan, the internet speeds will be lower while using the mobile hotspot or the jetpack itself. The benefit of the Beyond Unlimited plan will provide you with 15 GB of high-speed mobile hotspot or jetpack data usage for each line. Once the 15 GB has been reached, the speeds will be reduced up to 600 kbps. You can learn more about these details at https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in Broadband & Netbook by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes