WIFI 2200 decided to roam
KNOC

I have 4 permanently mounted modems and all was fine untill about 6 days ago. All modems connected GREEN and the speed was okay.  6 days ago, all of a sudden 3 of the MIFI 2200's connect in BLUE and refuse to connect any other way no matter what sequence the modems are powered up. I have attempted to disable the roam feature via the VZ Manager but no change. All updates are current.  Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?  Normally I would not be concerned but the speed is the same if I disconnect the 3 roamers.

0 Likes
Re: WIFI 2200 decided to roam
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Im no expert with the 2200 but it sounds like your modems have gotten confused and are trying to connect to the wrong tower in your area.  First thing to try is to let them sit without the battery for a good 30-60 seconds.  After that you might want to try restoring the defaults if they have not reconnected to the correct towers.

0 Likes
KNOC

Tried the battery removal with no difference. Also shut them all down for the entire weekend but this morning they came up the same identical way.  I will try doing a master reset tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Another step that is helpful for tower negotiation is removing the SIM card for 30-60 seconds.  That way the SIM will be forced to look around the area for a fresh connection and hopefully will choose the best tower.

0 Likes
KNOC

No SIM card on these.

0 Likes
KNOC

I have done the factory reset routine on all of the WIFI2200's but still, they came up exactly as before. 1 each green and the three roamers blue.  Next step is Tech Support I guess.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Ah yes, my bad on the SIM.  I forget the 2200 is 3G only and on the old style network.

Post back your results from VZW support and we'll see if we can contribute anything else.

0 Likes