Want out of my Two year Contract
MarilynL

I just started my two year contract, two weeks ago,  for broadband and I don't like it!   I hate having to watch my usage, and 5 GB's doesn't seem to go a long way.   Is there anyway I can get out of it??

0 Likes
Re: Want out of my Two year Contract
Not applicable

You have 30 days to cancel without paying the cancellation fee.

0 Likes
Deamorei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another thing you can do is complain to your states congressional and senate representatives. I signed up not having any idea how much bandwidth I used a month since the internet has basically been unlimited since the first year it came online. I don't watch movies online, I don't download excessively and I push the limits of 5GB every month. Being that Verizon doesn't keep an accurate record of your usage for you to view you can go days without an update never knowing if you used over your limit. Do some research. For the price we pay were not getting a fair amount of data for the price we pay. I doubt a family with one or two children using it could keep under the cap in a week or two. We have no kids.

0 Likes
Texas

I have an unlimited broadband account (an old one) which truly has no cap on usage unlike the new accounts.  My account contract ends on November 26th and Verizon said that I can offer it to anyone who wants to take over this account.  By taking over this account, there is no activation fee, no cap on usage and you only need to sign up for 1 year if you use the broadband card I have (PCMCIA) which I can make available for a nominal fee.  If you choose to purchase a new device you get the right to use the "Every Two" upgrrade to get the device but wil now be under a two year contract.  My contract is great for anyone who has a Slingbox at home and wants to watch tv while on the road and not worry about usage caps and blocking.  By assuming my account you can keep my unlmited plan as Verizon no longer offers this plan.  It is still only $66.00 per month with taxes so you really can't beat that.  I was thinking about upgrrading to a MIFI broadband device to share my WIFI when traveling  but since I now have service with ATT at home, I get free broadband service via WiFi on the road. 

If you are interested, please reply to this message or call me at 817-948-5881 and leave a message.

By the way I live in the Ft. Worth, Texas area.  Verison said they would walk the new owner on the phone with me to take care of the transfer.  So if you cancel your contact within 30 days and want to change to an unlimited one, let me know.

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

If you are unhappy with our service or equipment you have 30-days to return it all AND only pay for what data or minutes you used.  Your situation is EXACTLY why we offer this and I strongly suggest you use it so that you are happy with your wireless device...

0 Likes