What does the light blue SYS light mean?
RogerSC
Contributor - Level 1

Got up this morning and instead of 4 very blue lights on the network extender, the SYS light was light blue.  What does this mean?  It's working, and the light has gone back to its usual blue color now, but there must be some significance to this?

Also, why do we not have more information about the network extender?  I paid $250 since I'm in a "best" coverage area so I could get more than one bar of cell signal strength on my phone in my house, and have very little information about this thing.  There's no status page for the extender that you can go to using a browser, that would be helpful, and is standard practice in every other networked device I've ever used, including my cable modem for heaven's sake.  There's no information about anything except for the simplest things that happen, the ones that I can figure out with FAQ's or help.  If anything weird happens, which does happen over the years, you're on the phone with Verizon for hours and don't really get much information out of that.

The only reason that I have one of these in the first place is because Verizon is not delivering the service that we're paying for, so it would be nice if Verizon would make more information available that would help make living with one of these things easier.  On the other hand, it should be FREE, anyways, it's part of Verizon's infrastructure so that Verizon can deliver the service that it promises.  So why do I pay for Verizon's lack of service, in addition to paying for Verizon's service?  I think that government regulation here would really improve Verizon's attitude towards their customers, which seems to be disdain, and "soak the customer for all we can get".

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What does light blue SYS light mean?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The VZW Network Extender User Manual:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/network_extender_user_manual.pdf

Please see page 7 of the PDF User Manual for an explanation of the color coded LEDs.  The SYS light should be a solid blue indicating that the NE is communicating with the VZW network.  There is no mention of any other shades of blue.  Magenta or red have different meanings.

A NE does not host its own web interface because there is nothing to configure from the device itself.  Everything you need to manage can be accessed through your normal VZW account at www.verizonwireless.com.  See page 8 of the PDF User Manual for more info on managing access to the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What does light blue SYS light mean?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The VZW Network Extender User Manual:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pdf/network_extender_user_manual.pdf

Please see page 7 of the PDF User Manual for an explanation of the color coded LEDs.  The SYS light should be a solid blue indicating that the NE is communicating with the VZW network.  There is no mention of any other shades of blue.  Magenta or red have different meanings.

A NE does not host its own web interface because there is nothing to configure from the device itself.  Everything you need to manage can be accessed through your normal VZW account at www.verizonwireless.com.  See page 8 of the PDF User Manual for more info on managing access to the device.

0 Likes