What is the best and most powerful mobile hotspot that Verizon has
IM10_7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in a remote location in Montana and depend on a mobile hotspot for all Internet, tv and wifi.  What is the best and most powerful hotspot from Verizon.   I have to carry mine from room to room and connect my laptop to my iphone hotspot, to get service.

0 Likes
Re: What is the best and most powerful mobile hotspot that Verizon has
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to consider a USB modem with a compatible WiFi router and possibly a Wilson signal booster.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IM10_7, seeing that we are in a digital age, I can sense your urgency for a reliable Hotspot signal. I would be happy to review Hotspot options for your home. The best does depend on your needs and the current data plan that you are on. Please shed some light on what you are intending on using the Hotspot for. What model devices and how many are connecting to it?
Below is a link to all of our Jetpack and Hotspots: http://spr.ly/6585DNrdf

Furthermore, it seems that you are looking to boost your signal in your home. To ensure that we are not jumping to conclusions and skipping over in-home network solutions, please shed light on what signal indication you are receiving. Are you using a network extender?

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IM10_7, If I was in an area that didn't have a lot of options to stay connected, I would absolutely have the same questions. We know how important it is to be able to stay online and stay entertained. We've got the answer to all of your questions! I want to make sure that we set the right expectations as well though. We do not recommend a mobile hotspot as the primary source of data connection. The reason for this is that depending on the plan, you will have a threshold each month of 15-20Gb of premium LTE data before your speeds are reduced to 3G, which is up to 600 KBps. I do want to make sure you've got all the information you need to make the right choice. For what you're considering, you'll want to look at the Ellipsis Jetpack 900L. http://spr.ly/6586DNreQ. The reason for this is that it supports the most Wi-Fi protocols for staying connected, and it can connect up to 8 devices in 4G LTE speeds. You can see more at the link provided. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Joseph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The response from Ann is the best.  Getting an external wireless booster system from Wilson will grant you access to the best possible Verizon reception in your area.  This comes at a great expense, time commitment, troubleshooting and 3rd party installation costs.  However, its often the only viable option for people who want to use VZW in a remote location.

The most powerful mobile broadband device that VZW offers is the 4G LTE Internet Installed package.  This is a similar setup to a Wilson booster however this one is provided by Verizon.  4G LTE Internet Installed is only available in certain areas so check with your local VZW store for information.  This package requires 3rd party installation from approved vendors and a roof mounted antenna.

If those two options don't work or are not viable then you need to review satellite or local WiFi service providers as alternatives to cellular service.

0 Likes