When is the new MIFI device scheduled to be released?
ipodjockey

OK I've had quite a bit of experience with faulty tech and dealing with tech support people. I'm no programmer or expert but my gut is telling me I'm not going to see a fix for the MIFI 4510L.

SO

When is the new model set to be released?

AND

Will Verizon allow their business customers to turn in the 4510L devices for the new devices. Your faulty device has caused our company to lose money. Your customers deserve compensation.

I have looked at all the "workarounds" and "fixes" it is clearly obvious that they do not work. I should be able to:

Plug the device into the charger

Turn on the device

Connect to the device with my computer

I should have uninterrupted internet access all day long (10-12hrs) provided I don't leave the signal area.

This is the way it should be and until VZ meets these expectations I will not be satisfied.

0 Likes
Re: When is the new MIFI device scheduled to be released?
ipodjockey

Anything from a verizon rep?

0 Likes
ipodjockey

I'm going to bump this until I get an answer. I know its juvenile but I'm tired of people screwing with me.

0 Likes
ipodjockey

And another

0 Likes
ipodjockey

Still want an answer

0 Likes
utahtea2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm interested to know too!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning ipodjockey,

I had the opportunity to read your original post about the mifi 4510L and I see you have several questions about the functionality of the device. As you may know, we try to report any and all issues that customers may be experiencing with any device in our portfolio. I'm pleased to advise that as of 11/1, there has been a new software release for the mifi 4510L. This update provides several enhancements to the device, like connection improvements in 3G and 4G LTE areas. Below is a link to the website with information and instructions on how to complete the software update. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/mifi4510l.html

Although the website says Coming Soon, you can click on Software Update Instructions (*PDF) to access the link to the software download. As far as new mifis launch dates & availability, here a link to stay in the know for on our upcoming products and services.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

Once you have completed the software update, please test the connectivity & reply with your findings. As always, we are available to assist you.

Thank you...

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The new MiFi model was announced at CES recently.  This new model is named the MiFi 4620L JetPack Hotspot.  The release date is still not known.

Key features:

• 4G LTE – Customers in the United States can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas
  • Global Ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless data service in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
  • Support for up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
  • Backward compatible with the Verizon Wireless 3G network
  • Simple one-touch connectivity
  • OLED display and multi-color LED status indicator
  • Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2 and VPN pass-through support
  • Supports Windows®, Macintosh®, Linux, and most other Wi-Fi-enabled devices
  • No software installation required
  • Advanced integrated antenna technology
  • Wi-Fi Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
  • Dimensions: 3.76” x 2.36” x 0.53”

More information can be found here:

http://www.evdoinfo.com/