Which USB/Card for desktop and laptop?
Nana_Julie

Which USB/Card would work for both a desktop and a laptop?  Does the desktop need any other configurations or hardware?

Would use desktop at home and laptop on road. 

0 Likes
Re: Which USB/Card for desktop and laptop?
PhoneGuy96826

Any of the USB devices will work without needing any extra adapters.  The Express cards or Type II cards will not work on most desktops without some type of external adapter.  Many of those adapters don't work well either. 

The UM175 or the USB760 are two current devices that would both work.  Most require Mac OS 10.4 or higher or Windows 2000 or higher.  Just make sure to verify OS requirements before purchasing the device. 

The USB760 is great because it has the software already loaded on the card and no extra CD is needed.  It makes it quick and easy to install on multiple computers. 

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Re: Which USB/Card for desktop and laptop?
Steve514

Nana Julie,

I have been using a Verizon broadband card for three years for my laptop. I travel and work outside the office at least one-half the time. I just read about the Novatel Wireless router will receive the broadband through the Verizon EVDO network and then the Novatel becomes a wireless router that I could share with others if I desire. Go to www.novatelwireless.com for description. It is supposed to available in May so I can't wait. No more inserting the card or relying on an internal modem in my laptop.

Good luck.

Steve514

0 Likes