White List for Netwok Extender
pdenboer
Just a quick question, how do I tell the extender white list which numbers are priority numbers and which are not? I have looked at the edit function and there does not seem to be a switch for this. When I first input a number, I don't see where I can indicate priority or not.
0 Likes
Re: White List for Netwok Extender
Derizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Network Extender is managed from your computer using your My Verizon login. 

From the FAQ page: 

You can set your Network Extender for open or managed access. Open Access allows any Verizon Wireless phone within range to use your Network Extender. Under Managed Access, you have the ability to prioritize access to your Network Extender to up to 50 Verizon Wireless callers you select. Where a compatible cell tower is unavailable, callers that do not appear on your managed access list may access the Network Extender when not in use by priority callers. All callers may access the Network Extender for emergency (E911) calls.

Once you have your Network Extender hooked up, you will see a link for it in My Devices.  Follow that link to switch from the default Open Access to Managed Access, then you can configure your Network Extender with your priority numbers. 

0 Likes
pdenboer
I have read all of that. What I am trying to say is that there is nowhere to set priority and secondary numbers.
0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1
I'm not 100% sure, as I don't have the extender, but I think you only set up priority - there is no secondary. Priority simply means that they will bump off any other user if all three ports are in use. But otherwise, ANYONE in range can and will use it. You can't exclude anyone.
0 Likes
pdenboer
Actually, you can. That is the whole point. The white list allows me to tell the extender who can use the equipment. That part works fine. If anyone who does use the extender can tell me how to set a priority a would appreciate it.
0 Likes
k3sls

TedKord is correct...you can't exclude or blacklist anyone.  The whitelist only sets up to 50 numbers for priority access for the 3 available channels.  The 4th channel is always available for 911.

You do have a sort of "geographic" whitelist in that a user must be within roughly 15 feet of the extender to get a connection.

0 Likes
pdenboer

Actually I can and have. If the unit is set to accept only the numbers I have placed in the whitelist, only those numbers are able to use the system. Those that are not in the whitelist are of course unable to use the extender. The priority numbers are 3. The next 47 are secondary numbers that can be knocked off the system when a priority caller attempts to connect. I need to know how to configure priority from secondary.

The whitelist aspect has been proven in my office.

0 Likes
k3sls

There is no way to order the entries in the white list, at least not in the web interface used by VZW.  The order of the displayed white list isn't the order in which they were added, nor is it in number sequence, nor is it in name sequence.  Each time you access the list, the entries appear to be listed in a random sequence.  So how could you possibly designate 3 numbers with priority higher than the additional(up to) 47?

Given all of the above, how is it possible you proved only 3 numbers received unrestricted use?  I think your test was likely flawed!

0 Likes
tphilbri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon makes it near impossible to find this link:  http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Equipment/network_extender.html

Scroll down to the second section and click on the link they give telling you that you can add up to 50 names (bear in mind only 7? will work at any given time).  I'd give that direct link, but for some reason it doesn't work.  This is the best I can offer.  What kills me is how the manual for the extender says if you have a blinking red system light, the extender is in an unstable condition.  That's great help.  Good luck!

0 Likes
src2010

I finally found the link to the instructions on how to add specific numbers to your priority access for the extender!!!

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/21845/#add

You do NOT have to choose a device before following these instructions. The Network extender will be found on the right in its own section as the instructions state.

0 Likes