Who has the Unlimited Data Plan and has Been Speed Capped when You went over 5Gig?
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checking to see how many others have been speed capped to 200Kb on the unlimited data plan when they went over 5Gig in a billing cycle? (you can get a one time reprieve if you call them at 1-888-483-7200)

Did they ask you to change your plan to 10Gig and Update your Equipment and sign a new two year agreement?

Did you know that Sprint is offering unlimited Data on their 4G network and that Verizon is trying to lock down customers that are not on 2 year contracts? (Gives them time to catch up with the competition) Marcus in Fraud and Investigation told me (when I told him that Sprint was offering Unlimited Data)  "...That is a better option..." 

I am now looking into other options along with allot of the rest of you.

0 Likes
Re: Who has the Unlimited Data Plan and has Been Speed Capped when You went over 5Gig?
Not applicable
Unlimited data is useless if you don't have coverage where you need it.
0 Likes
Re: Who has the Unlimited Data Plan and has Been Speed Capped when You went over 5Gig?
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

External antennas fix almost all coverage problems... check out EVDO and 3G store.... I built mine out of a sat dish and LMR400 coax... back when towers were few and far between.... finding an antenna adapter for the modem was more dificult... and yes we listen to country music out here!!!

0 Likes
lkentn

I was instructed to call that Fraud Department number and was treated like I had broken some kind of law instead of going over the 5 Gig fine print limit on my unlimited grandfathered in account. They would not even consider giving me a one time do over for being a MiFi newbie. I am hearing class action suit rumblings out there!!

0 Likes
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow.. I thought they were really customer service oriented... let me know if the class action suit makes it to a lawyer. I'd like to be included. I am still trying to find a copy of their policy/business model or meeting notes.

0 Likes
thepres69
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you recall there was a similar lawsuit filed against Verizon a few years back in New York. Attorney General Andrew Cuomo alleged that the company had capped data usage even though they advertised unlimited plans. In the end Verizon settled out of court for $1 million.

0 Likes
Not applicable
So, you're resurrecting an old thread to answer yourself?
0 Likes