Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Why do I get such an insanely slow downloads from this jetpack?
QBoulevard

I have phoned tech support so many times that they are most likely sick of me asking dumb questions.  It's not my computer, because it worked just fine with the other 4G modem, lickety-split.  Finally, when my "great" new Verizon phone dropped calls all day long two days ago, I phoned Verizon and they said a tower was down. I asked If they could please tell me how often this happens.  I live in a major city and where you expect reliable service, and my previous service was problem-free except once during a major snowstorm when a tower really WAS down.  Verizon refused to answer. Could a tower really be down again already? This download would take a minute with my previous service, and now, my browser informs me that it'll take about 1/2 hour with the jetpack. Something's not right here.  I've fiddled with the settings, tried tethering, tried EVERYTHING...frustrated.  How can I tell if a tower is down AGAIN and is there any way to know if the settings are right? I can fiddle with them and do trial and error (not having any clue which setting is the right one) only so many times before I think I will take this back to the store and go back to my old service.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I get such an insanely slow downloads from this jetpack?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

QBoulevard

We definitely want you to have the high quality service you deserve! Let's find out what's going on. First, which make/model Jetpack are you currently using? What zip are you in? What operating system are you using on your computer connecting to the Jetpack? Does the device get good service in other locations?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes