Why do I keep losing connection to my MIFI4510L
gvannatta

Why do I keep losing connection to my MIFI4510L. After a period of time this device disconnects from the internet. What do I have to do to correct this?

0 Likes
Re: Why do I keep losing connection to my MIFI4510L
Johnac

I Have the same problem. It seems to have started happening 3 months ago and gradually gotten worse. Hope to get a reply

0 Likes
MIBased

This seems to be a problem in various areas. I'm in Michigan north of Detroit, when they switched from 3G to 4G, reliability and speed dropped significantly. My first service calls were frustrating as the service tech told me I had unused WIFI setups on my PC and I needed to delete them. told him the device works everywhere else, but he was instant I delete the unused, imagine that fixed nothing. I was sent a replacement device (refurbished without a battery or back) which was worthless as it was different form what I have and could not be used, so I sent it back I have emailed the Customer Service VP for the region and after months of not getting the issue resolved I was told 4G service was in the process of being updated in my area and not to expect it to improve until sometime in 2013. Since the device detects 3G and 4G, it switches to 4G and connection often drops to 1 mbps and cannot even get a Google page. Under 3G, it was pretty consistent at 68 to 72 mbps. My options are to replace my 3G/4G device with a 3G only or change to a different service provider. I have a cottage basically on the fringe area and 3G connects at 68-72 99% of the time and outside of Boston, Washington north of Seattle (almost Canada), Texas, Chicago, etc, 4G works great, so it is not the device. Guess I'm not sure the push to 4G if they are not ready. Guess once the sale is complete they have you and if service is bad, oh well. The sad part, my current cell phone contacts are ending and I was seriously planning on leaving ATT to switch everything to Verizon based on service prior to the switch to 4G, but that does not make any sense now. My Apple 4G can be a hot spot and works great when I' m at home, but why pay for 2 different services. The other interesting note, I left Comcast due to poor service (internet was slow from 6am to 10pm or dropped completely) and now Verizon has teamed up with them... sure hope they are not the cause of poor internet service... like maybe Verizon is using them for internet service... I was told no... but problems started around the same time of the announcement. So based on responses from Verizon, I will check my other options. The commercials are great but reality is delivery, no so great.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gvannatta, I'll be happy to help you in correcting this issue. I know it can be disappointing to suddenly lose connection. Are you receiving any errors when you get disconnected from the internet? What city and state are you located in? How many signal bars do you show when this happens? Verify you have the current software version on your device. http://goo.gl/N0f7j

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
br4jfh

I have the same problem. I live in a rural area on top of a hill. I can see several towers from my house but keep losing my signal. My MiFi is now slower than dial up when I can get it. This thing sucks and am thinking about cancelling my contract on it.

0 Likes
RLP1956

My wife and I have the very same issue with our 1 month old Droid 4. We upgraded both our phones from Droid 3 and from day one have had issues with the internet just dropping. We have good signal strength, as indicated by the 3 bars, but the internet will just drop. Any application we have running that requires internet will error out saying it was looking for a network. I added a ping application to test the network when this happens, and it will comeback with no connection. After several minutes I might get connection back, but most the times I need to reboot.

I have not bothered going to the Verizon store. The fact that this is happening to both of these new phones and many people with different 4G phones are complaining about very same issue, the only possible answer is that Verizon’s 4G network has a major bug in it.

Our sons each have Droid 3 phones and this issue is not on their phones. Until Verizon fixes there network, it would be better to stay on the older 3G phones.

0 Likes