Why doesn't my MIFI 2200 work with Windows XP?
ram2526

I can get my computer with Windows XP to work with my MIFI 2200 when it is connected with the wire, but it will not allow me to connect to the internet wirelessly.  My computer shows it is connected but will not allow me to surf the internet.

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't my MIFI 2200 work with Windows XP?
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Your operating system,WIndows XP,  is listed to only work in USB mode with USB cable only. To view more information regarding your MIFI, you can click on this link: http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/Verizon%20Wireless/...

0 Likes
G-Man

Britney, link doesn't work.

But I use the MiFi2200 with XP wireless all the time?  What is the issue?

Gary

0 Likes
CharlieO

Agree with Gary -- link is no good. I use XP Pro and would like to use WiFi on trips. Is the issue with the MiFi 2200 or the Access Manager?

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

I use the MiFi with XP on a daily basis. For wireless you DO NOT use the Access Manager. Disconnect the MiFi from the computer (if it's connected it's wireless radio is off). Turn the MiFi on and wait a few seconds for it to connect to the cellular network. Then launch whatever wireless program you use with other WiFi networks (Windows built in one works fine). You will see the MiFi as a network. Highlight it and click the "connect" button. Enter the WPA encryption passphrase when prompted (it's on the MiFi lable, and, even though it is all numbers, it is a passphrase and not numeric).

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

blamiya1 wrote:

Your operating system,WIndows XP,  is listed to only work in USB mode with USB cable only.

Brittany,

This makes absolutely no sense! I use my MiFi with Windows XP on a daily basis. What am I messing?

best regards,

Larry

0 Likes
CharlieO

Thanks PDC Larry. It seems the problem is with Access Manager which is what I used to hook to my home WiFi router. Switched to the program that came with the computer and I seem to hook up just fine. The new Access Manager gave me problems with the home WiFi until I put it into the start menu. Kept wanting a different "Index" number each time I put in the WEP code. Seems like MiFi has some work to do.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

the MiFi is fine. It's the Access Manager that needs some work :smileywink:

0 Likes