Wifi and Mifi
a2n10zfemmel

I have tried several times now and have just ran out of ideas. The mifi2200 connects no problem at all when I connect the usb cord to it but when I try to do it with the wifi it finds it but then tells me I have the wrong password. I connected my cell phone to it and no problem but my windows xp computer won't find it. I've used the wifi to connect to other routers and had no problem connecting. Any suggestions or what I could do or what I am doing?

0 Likes
Re: Wifi and Mifi
notorious87

Try manually adding the MiFi to your wireless networks list.

0 Likes
CharlieO

If you are using the Verizon supplied Access Manager you need to switch to a different program to manage your wireless links.  Verizon has tried to say the MiFi doesn't work with XP but it appears the problem is in Access Manager. Here is an entry from another set of entries on this blog:

I use the MiFi with XP on a daily basis. For wireless you DO NOT use the Access Manager. Disconnect the MiFi from the computer (if it's connected it's wireless radio is off). Turn the MiFi on and wait a few seconds for it to connect to the cellular network. Then launch whatever wireless program you use with other WiFi networks (Windows built in one works fine). You will see the MiFi as a network. Highlight it and click the "connect" button. Enter the WPA encryption passphrase when prompted (it's on the MiFi lable, and, even though it is all numbers, it is a passphrase and not numeric).

0 Likes
a2n10zfemmel

Thanks so much it worked the first time going through my wifi on my laptop now everything peachy :smileyhappy: Do you know if this is suppose to be fast? Seems like it takes for every for pages to load. I also have my roku for my netflixs hooked up for it and downloading just seem to take forever and a day.

0 Likes
aintigreat

Get a wireless router from CradlePoint  and tether it to your mifi, your mifi will constantly keep charging the mifi and you can get the wifi or ethernet from the cradlepoint.   I got mine from here http://www.3gstore.com/cradlepoint , with a router you will only need to setup the wireless connection once and any user on any computer can connect via wifi or ethernet.   its so easy even a cavemen can do it.

Order from 3gstore > Get the router and turn it on > Connect your verizon card to the rotuer > 15 seconds your connected just connect to the wifi like you would at a coffe shop.

0 Likes