Will it work with Exceed service?
GeoffK

I have the Samsung Wireless extender. It has worked fine with CenturyLink's DSL but the DSL is functioning at less than 1MB/s. I changed to Exceed satellite service. Will the extender work with this? The manual says "no" but has anyone tried it? Exceed claims VoiP capabilities. I'm in the 1 hour waiting period now but would like to know if other's have tried it.

Geoff

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will it work with Exceed service?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Will the extender work with this?

Probably not.  Satellite is not ideal for real-time communications of any kind, especially a voice service.  I would expect even if it did work that you would have many disconnections and dropped calls.  Satellite providers fluff their performance numbers with tricks like "boosters" and whatnot.  These services essentially cache what they assume is static information somewhere on the pipe so that you do not have to run the entire network distance to get to your resources.  This causes a huge problem when that is what you actually want to do like with voice, gaming or VPN connections.  For general browsing on the internet that kind of a trick works fine most of the time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to the community on your compatibility concern Geoffk! Keep in mind that the DSL internet service has to meet the compatibility and the speed requirements to be used with the network extender. May I ask does Exceed satellite service provide you with a router that uses a ethernet cable? Also, to clarify, what speed/bandwidth are you getting with Exceed satellite service? As you share the details then we can look up this info for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Will the extender work with this?

Probably not.  Satellite is not ideal for real-time communications of any kind, especially a voice service.  I would expect even if it did work that you would have many disconnections and dropped calls.  Satellite providers fluff their performance numbers with tricks like "boosters" and whatnot.  These services essentially cache what they assume is static information somewhere on the pipe so that you do not have to run the entire network distance to get to your resources.  This causes a huge problem when that is what you actually want to do like with voice, gaming or VPN connections.  For general browsing on the internet that kind of a trick works fine most of the time.

0 Likes