Will the network extender work in Mexico when the 1x network goes down?
longschlng22

Will the samsung SCs-2u01 network extender work in Mexico when the 1x service goes down?  This way we can get working 1x service when it is shutdown in Mexico.

0 Likes
Re: Will the network extender work in Mexico when the 1x network goes down?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

longschlng22,

Getting coverage internationally can come in handy. The Network Extender has to be connected to the Verizon Network via GPS and your internet service provider. If these qualification are not met, then the device will not work.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Will the network extender work in Mexico when the 1x network goes down?
longschlng22

I am currently in San Diego and the network extender is not working. The GPS led is always magenta even though I have the external gps antenna connected and routed to a close window. The system led is always blinking red as well. The other WAN light is blue though along with the power led.

We are actually Verizon Telematics and we have a testing team in Monterrey, MX. Some devices need to be tested there, but with the 1x coverage going down, we were looking into using this device. Are you positive that the network extender will still work while the GPS notes that the coverage is in Mexico? Will the GPS be able to connect to the Verizon Network if it is shut down in Mexico? GPS is a totally different signal system than the 1X CDMA.

Long

0 Likes