Windows 7 and Pantech UM150 problem
MCB

I have an HP Pavillion dv7 1285 Vista notebook and have ordered Windows 7 for it.  Using Windows Update Advisor, it says my Pantech UM150 is not compatible with Windows 7.  I have downloaded and installed the latest version of VZAccess and it did update my drivers, but I still get the same results from the advisor.

I've seen on here that one person got his UM150 to work on  W7 by manually installing the drivers from Vista.  Is there any word from Verizon as to when the software will be compatible for W7?  A couple days ago before the merge, The support link said something to the effect that new information would be posted in the coming days.  It's not there now and no new info.

I purchased my Modem from Alltel March 10th, 2009.

0 Likes
Re: Windows 7 and Pantech UM150 problem
DrFranken

I use the UM175 device and got the same answer from tech. "Windows 7 not supported, sorry." I use Win 7 64 bit. Navigating to the directory that the software installs in there is a folder named UM175 with a setup.exe program in it. Running that program installed the driver and all is well.

Perhaps that will help.

- DrFranken

0 Likes
MCB

I'll try that when I install W7.  I have already done that with Vista, and the advisor still says not compatible with W7.

0 Likes
LEB

I have already paid (too much) the money for Windows 7 (since it HAS to better than Vista).  Will I have to pay for something else? If I don't have the Pantech UM150, I can't access the internet to complete the upgrade!  Is this just another scam to force me to buy more equipment? I MISS ALLTEL! 

How do I make the UM150 work with Windows 7?!!!!!!  HELP!

0 Likes
Linnmb1833

After hours of frustration trying to download my wireless USB Modem UM175 and not getting anywhere, I searched this site and found your comment.  I did exactly as you said and it worked perfectly.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Linda

0 Likes
Hypertension

I followed your directions on the UM175 to reinstall the driver. It worked without error. Thanks Dr Franken!!

0 Likes