Windows 8 computers using USB modems
RSimon

When using a new Windows 8 computer with a USB modem you must download the new software for the USB modem and the new drivers from www.vzam.net.  The existing disk that comes with the device will not have the current drivers or software needed to intall VZAccess manager to Windows 8.  Use WIFI to get to Access Manager. In the drop down box choose Windows 8, choose USB modem in the next dropdown and follow directions. Should take about 15-20 minutes, the computer will restart and you can start access manager just as before. 

<Discussion moved from to for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Windows 8 computers using USB modems
fredrickrogers

Current computer is Windows Vista and VZAccess works. Bought new computer with Windows 8 and can't download VZAcces to it with current disk. How can I get a disk for the new Operating System?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Download VZAM here:

http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx

Make sure you confirm if your Win8 version is 32 or 64 bit before attempting to install.

0 Likes
fredrickrogers

In a catch-22 situation! Can't go to Internet without USB Modem and can't get the download until I'm on the Internet! I need the disk. Any idea where I can get it?

Thanks

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There is no disk.

Borrow a friends PC or ask them to do you a favor and make one for you.  Go to a hotspot, library or borrow a buddy's internet for 20 minutes.  You can get the files from the download to your desired PC however you like from there (Burn to CD, copy to USB drive, share over the network, etc.)

You could try contacting VZW tech support and see what they say.  However, it will be cheaper and faster if you find a better way to download it for yourself.

0 Likes
Windows 8 computers using USB modems
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

If you have VZAM in a Win7 version or fairly new you could run Program Compatibility on the setup file or on the installed program and get it to work so that you may have a chance to download the Win 8 version.

0 Likes