Wireless Network Extender Question
maidenmaria

I recently got a wireless network extender and I thought the verizon Tech that installed it told me to never dial *228 from my cell or it would mess up the ability to use my network extender. He said in the future to call 611 and have a verizon rep activate any new phones I get.

So tonight I was thinking about doing a hard factory reset on my droid Eris, but I see in the instructions that you have to dial *228 to activate your phone after the reset. 

Has this stopped anybody with a network extender from doing a hard factory reset on thei phone?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Network Extender Question
Cellguru

maidenmaria wrote:

I recently got a wireless network extender and I thought the verizon Tech that installed it told me to never dial *228 from my cell or it would mess up the ability to use my network extender.

I am not the least bit familiar with the Network Extender, but I am familiar with some other amplifiers for cellular and data.   I can't imagine why the *228 would cause problems with the Extender, it wouldn't cause any problems with the equipment I have worked with.   But just to be on the safe side, I would recommend doing the reset in an area where the Extender is not required. 

It makes no sense to me, but stranger things have happened.

HTH

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Network Extender Question
samanthawebb

Pass along the word. I had a Wireless Network Extender for a year when the power supply went bad. I called Verizon and Samsung to buy a replacement. They told me they didn't sell them and that I would have to buy a brand new unit.

NOT. I went to Radio Shack and bought an "enercell" 12VDC - 1.5A AC to DC Power Adapter with Adaptaplug Tip "N" for $32. and I am up and running again.

Please, especially with our economic constraints, couldn't either Verizon or Samsung have told us about a low cost fix --- instead of a new unit for $249.

0 Likes