Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wireless Network Extender Question
maidenmaria

I recently got a wireless network extender and I thought the verizon Tech that installed it told me to never dial *228 from my cell or it would mess up the ability to use my network extender. He said in the future to call 611 and have a verizon rep activate any new phones I get.

So tonight I was thinking about doing a hard factory reset on my droid Eris, but I see in the instructions that you have to dial *228 to activate your phone after the reset. 

Has this stopped anybody with a network extender from doing a hard factory reset on thei phone?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Network Extender Question
Cellguru

maidenmaria wrote:

I recently got a wireless network extender and I thought the verizon Tech that installed it told me to never dial *228 from my cell or it would mess up the ability to use my network extender.

I am not the least bit familiar with the Network Extender, but I am familiar with some other amplifiers for cellular and data.   I can't imagine why the *228 would cause problems with the Extender, it wouldn't cause any problems with the equipment I have worked with.   But just to be on the safe side, I would recommend doing the reset in an area where the Extender is not required. 

It makes no sense to me, but stranger things have happened.

HTH

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Network Extender Question
samanthawebb

Pass along the word. I had a Wireless Network Extender for a year when the power supply went bad. I called Verizon and Samsung to buy a replacement. They told me they didn't sell them and that I would have to buy a brand new unit.

NOT. I went to Radio Shack and bought an "enercell" 12VDC - 1.5A AC to DC Power Adapter with Adaptaplug Tip "N" for $32. and I am up and running again.

Please, especially with our economic constraints, couldn't either Verizon or Samsung have told us about a low cost fix --- instead of a new unit for $249.

0 Likes