Wireless adapter
silveredd
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have my Internet adapter installed and show a good signal on on my network showing up but every time I try to connect, ask for network key which verizon told me was the password on the back of my hot spot. Keeps denying me access? Any other ideas? To me it seems that maybe don't have internet configured correctly? Is that possible?

0 Likes
Re: Wireless adapter
Not applicable

I thought I already answered this. The Network pass code has to be EXACT. Don't mistake Zero's for "O"s and make sure all capitals and lowercase are exact NO SPACES nor lower case "L"s as the number one.

Good Luck

PS I told you it was on the device.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You must not only match the password itself, but the criterea of a password too.  For example, passwords are going to be WEP, WPA or WPA2 security.  They will also contain AES or TKIP encryption.  The settings for the profile on the computer must match the settings on the MiFi for the connection to succeed.  Try connecting with a different computer and see if you can confirm the criteria for the password, then see if you can duplicate the criterea on the effected machine.

Its also worth noting that older Operating Systems only support certain wireless security types.  WinXP without a service pack will only support WEP.  You must patch those old machines up to date in order for them to connect to the newer WPA and WPA2 security modes.

0 Likes
Not applicable

John Getzke wrote:

You must not only match the password itself, but the criterea of a password too.  For example, passwords are going to be WEP, WPA or WPA2 security.  They will also contain AES or TKIP encryption.  The settings for the profile on the computer must match the settings on the MiFi for the connection to succeed.  Try connecting with a different computer and see if you can confirm the criteria for the password, then see if you can duplicate the criterea on the effected machine.

Its also worth noting that older Operating Systems only support certain wireless security types.  WinXP without a service pack will only support WEP.  You must patch those old machines up to date in order for them to connect to the newer WPA and WPA2 security modes.

You are absolutely correct. The limitation on Windows XP is a valid point. The problem many times is the encryption used be it WEP/WPA/WPA2 is shown at log on or available as a drop down box.

Mostly computer systems and not cell phones that I have encountered. The security is such that when a user logs in or attempts to log in he/she will have to know what type of security key to use for that device.

I suspect however that the security key is not being entered exactly as I stated in another post.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>> MODERATOR COMMENT;  This thread has been locked for cross-posting violations of the ToS

Please continue any discussions in this thread:    <<

0 Likes