Wireless password
Helicon1918
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had wireless working perfectly for my computers for over 2 years now.  However, when friends visit, and wish to log onto my wireless system, it is locked and needs a password.  I don't know what it is any more!  And it's not the number on the back of the router itself sadly.  When I go to the Verizon website that deals with these pleasures (//192.168.1.1), and try and access the Wireless Settings, all I am asked for is a username and password - and I don't have them!  A nightmare...

0 Likes
Re: Wireless password
Not applicable
That's not the Verizon website, that's the address to sign onto your router. You established a user name and password when you installed the router.
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Helicon1918,

May I ask what type of wireless device are you using. If it's a mifi of some sort then there may be a way to factory reset the device to the default password. Please respond to this forum post with the specific device  & we can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Helicon1918 wrote:

I've had wireless working perfectly for my computers for over 2 years now.  However, when friends visit, and wish to log onto my wireless system, it is locked and needs a password.  I don't know what it is any more!  And it's not the number on the back of the router itself sadly.  When I go to the Verizon website that deals with these pleasures (//192.168.1.1), and try and access the Wireless Settings, all I am asked for is a username and password - and I don't have them!  A nightmare...

I agree that this sounds like a username and password for your router. Unless you have changed these, you could try admin in the username/password fields, or check the manual that came with the router for the default username/password values.

If you can't remember these, you can always reset the router and start over from scratch. If you do this, though, you will also have to input your new passwords into all of the devices connecting to this device.

0 Likes