a few questions regarding of Verizon Wireless UM175 USB Modem
Cookie1967

I absolutely LOVE this modem and the connection it provides.  I'm sure the answers to my two questions are right under my nose, but I'm a bit overwhelmed in trying to look for the information, so I'll just ask here:

Can I use the modem on more than one computer during each billing cycle?  In other words, in addition to the currently used laptop, I have another computer.  Could I use the modem on that or is the contract just for use on one machine during the billing cycle?  Also, if that is possible, and the other computer that I wanted to use was a netbook with no cdrom drive, can I download the software or obtain the software on a usb stick?

Thanking in advance,

Cookie1967

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: a few questions regarding of Verizon Wireless UM175 USB Modem
goride1200
Enthusiast - Level 1

Answer to your question is simple! Yes to both.

You can download VZAcess Manager by going to www.vzam.net

Select the download now button, on the next page make sure you select the correct device... um175 is toward the bottom of the first table, when you get to it make sure to SAVE the file.

Copy the file to the new pc via any mean ie flash drive etc

DO NOT have the usb175 plugged into the PC

Double click on the file to start the installation wizard

After VZ Acess Manager is installed, then insert the um175 into a usb slot and double click on the VZAcess manager icon, then click on Detect Device and follow on screen instructions if the device is not detected automatically

View solution in original post

0 Likes
goride1200
Enthusiast - Level 1

Answer to your question is simple! Yes to both.

You can download VZAcess Manager by going to www.vzam.net

Select the download now button, on the next page make sure you select the correct device... um175 is toward the bottom of the first table, when you get to it make sure to SAVE the file.

Copy the file to the new pc via any mean ie flash drive etc

DO NOT have the usb175 plugged into the PC

Double click on the file to start the installation wizard

After VZ Acess Manager is installed, then insert the um175 into a usb slot and double click on the VZAcess manager icon, then click on Detect Device and follow on screen instructions if the device is not detected automatically

0 Likes
AAndrew

My device still not detected after following these instructions.  Going into My Computer, my USB is not even showing up there.

Trying to figure that out.

0 Likes