alltel usb modem unlimited data going to verizon network ?'s
tbenzy

well, my stories the same as others I guess to an extent. I got my letter in the mail informing me that my alltel aircard will no longer work after jan '13 and I need to get a verizon device. seems ok.  then I get a couple sales calls at my home to inform me of such and try to switch my device and service to something that I'm not sure I want.

to be truthful, the first guy that called, called me at 9 o'clock at night and I had just got home from a bad day of work and I was rude to him and blew him off. ok, my bad. I'm sorry.

well the second guy calls me a few weeks later (by now I'm a little more informed about what's happening with alltel customers). so I talk to him for quite a while about my unlimited plan and what he could do for me. by the end of our conversation he had offered me 30gig data for my original contract price of $59.95 . free upgrade to their device. didnt sound bad so far.   I asked about  overage charges and the "throttling down" of data speed and he said that dont happen. I said ok, well send me the info in writing to look at and I will make a decision and get in touch.

to this day I've still not heard back. I try to call the 800 number but am on hold so long I give up. I have even tried to talk to an online rep thru chat and have gotten no results there either. they can only do what the website says they can do. they say i need to talk to someone else.

today I go to my local store to talk to them and the guy I talked to was great in trying to help me. but wasn't quite sure of the alltel situation but he did try to find outsome information. but he says he can't do anything like they offered on the phone. he can only do the standard set ups. stores arent the same as headquarters I guess. he took the time to do alot of digging on his computer and talked to I'm assuming a manager and made a phone call. he said he thinks they set up a group of reps to just handle the alltel stuff. then told me I should  call 800 number back and insist on my unlimited plan or at the very least the 30gig I ws quoted for the $59.95. he was very helpful in digging on his computer and telling me that he saw the unlimited plan is still available to be grandfathered into, but I must insist to keep it.  he kept stressing that point. whatever he saw in that computer told him something.  now I think why should I settle for the 30gig limit?

now granted, in all fairness, at this present time I do not need unlimited service. but in talking to the one rep that night he said my max usage ever was as high as 18gig if I remember right. he then offered me the 30gig for a cushion. but again, if the unlimited is available, why settle for the 30gig deal? I dont want to go thru this again.

I guess the reason I'm writing this here is because I'm a little frustrated and would like some correct answers on whats going on with my alltel account.  I would like a real person to contact me, with real answers. or give me a direct line # or an email to contact you.  shouldn't be that hard to do. I'm a busy person too and would like to get this either taken care of and behind me or just move on. just want a verizon rep with some good info and answers to contact me. I know I'm not the only one with questions.  you should have all my info thru my registration. thank you, Tom

0 Likes
Re: alltel usb modem unlimited data going to verizon network ?'s
B33
Legend

Call 1-800-922-0204 option 3 Tech services, When they ask for the Reason for your Call say you want to talk to a Representative..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, we don't have your information because this is a peer to peer community forum where customers can assist other customers with their questions.

With the USB modem, you need to purchase a Verizon 3G USB modem from a third party to keep your unlimited broadband data plan. If you upgrade to Verizon 4G modem, you can't grandfather your data plan and must select from the tiered data plans available for the Broadband data devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The unlimited plan was pulled about a year ago and all contract upgrades are being placed on the tiered plans..  I have learned that if a workable id offered by a rep it is wise to have it noted on the account or accept the offer because there is so many reps and even  if you get reps name it is only the first name and you will have issues reaching them again or find another to match the deal..

Wish you luck, keep use updated.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildman wrote:

The unlimited plan was pulled about a year ago and all contract upgrades are being placed on the tiered plans..  I have learned that if a workable id offered by a rep it is wise to have it noted on the account or accept the offer because there is so many reps and even  if you get reps name it is only the first name and you will have issues reaching them again or find another to match the deal..

Wish you luck, keep use updated.

This is for a broadband USB modem and the unlimited data plan for it hasn't been able to customers since before the first 4G USB modems were made available in December 2010. The broadband unlimited data plan is a separate item from the smartphone unlimited data plan that you are thinking about.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Wildman
Legend

You are correct, its a bit hard to keep up with all the changing that has happened...  Thanks for clarifying this.

0 Likes
tbenzy

thank you for your interest and replying to my post. I didn't know I couldn't be found by verizon reps from my sign up info. thank you for pointing that out.

do any of you work for verizon that can answer my ?'s with certainty?  just asking cause I'm new here and don't know you all. be patient with me.

. also something I have found out today. there are company's out there that offer 20gig - 50gig data plans for very competitive prices. I have read where some say they are resellers of verizon and/or sprint airtime/data. how can they offer this when manufacturers cant?

and for the verizon people that want to contact me I'll post my last invoice number and they can find me from that I'm sure. <Personal information removed for privacy per the .> . that should give them my account info. 

just would like to know why I get different info from different reps I have talked to.

and I will try to keep people updated on the outcome.

thank you, Tom

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Companies like this are usually 3rd party contractors and the service is rented to that company in size bundles and they can get discounts that they can supply the customer a discount, the down side to this is that the bandwidth that has been rented to the company is not a priority so if Verizon requires more bandwidth this may decrease the quality and speed of the data being received from that carrier.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is PEER to PEER customer forum.  We are customers just like yourself.  Also PLEASE don't post your personal information on the forum.  It is against the rules of the

0 Likes
tbenzy

sorry if I've done something wrong here. didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

what does it take to get an actual verizon employee / rep to post a reply to customer issues?

I do see that they lurk on these forums for customer support. and some give their email out for direct contact.

do they only answer the easy ones?

thanks Wildman for the replies and explanations. I'm learning more and more about this.

like I said before, I'd just like to get some answers as to why all company  reps are not on the same page as far as offerings to their customers. and what truly is available to us.

thank you again, Tom

0 Likes