can my nook access myprepaid verizon internet connection?
webby2002

I have a nook with wifi abilities but im not sure how or if i can get it to connect to the prepaid wireless netowrk. it asks for security type with none wep, wpa and wpa for security and then it needs a SSID which i thought was my devices phone number but am not sure because its still not connecting to it.

0 Likes
Re: can my nook access myprepaid verizon internet connection?
moates
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately the nook device is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

0 Likes
Re: can my nook access myprepaid verizon internet connection?
litaa4

My husband and I bought a B&N NOOKcolor last week and I had trouble connecting it to my Verizon FIOS wireless network (Actiontec modem model no. MI424-WR), but we finally figured it out.  Here's how: (1) Turn on your NOOK within wireless range in your home; for example, I turned it on within 3 feet of the modem.  (2)  Your NOOK should show the SSID on the modem's label at the very top of the list of wireless networks.  (3) Click on the SSID to enter the WEP hex key in the space shown.  This is the "WEP Key" on the modem's label.  This should do it.  I had to click on the "forget" button to clear my previous (wrong) numbers!  Too bad the NOOK's instructions couldn't have been more clear.  We called 1-800-THEBOOK twice to get assistance from NOOK technicians, but neither were helpful at all.  I hope sharing our experience will be helpful to others.

0 Likes