connect 4510l, cisco ea2700, pepwave surf mini
StacieR

I have a mifi 4510l and i am trying to connect the pepwave surf mini and router. I know it will be

internet(wireless)mini(cable)router(cable)DVR. I do not know what I need to do with the ip addresses

and whatever else. I have read too much info and now im not sure what i need to do. Can someone please

help??? Thank you!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: connect 4510l, cisco ea2700, pepwave surf mini
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Stacie,

I think this is the more accurate diagram of your enviornment:

Internet )))))) MiFi ))))))) Pepwave ==== Router ==== DVR

)))) = Wireless

== = Ethernet cable

If that is true then your setup should be fine.  We just need to get you configured correctly.

The hard part will be making sure that the PepWave and the Router work together and not against each other.  One of those devices needs to be the boss of the network, which they both want to do by default.  To work around that we would need to deactivate the DHCP server on one or the other and make sure they are on the same subnet.  For example the Pepwave would be 192.168.1.1 and the router would be 192.168.1.2, where the subnet is 192.168.1.x.

You can look IP Addresses of the devices by navigating to Start > Run > CMD > IPConfig.  Once you know the IP Address of each device you can enter it into a web browser and view the configuration page.

Look up the IP Addresses of all the interested devices and post them back to us.  We can help you more from there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Stacie,

I think this is the more accurate diagram of your enviornment:

Internet )))))) MiFi ))))))) Pepwave ==== Router ==== DVR

)))) = Wireless

== = Ethernet cable

If that is true then your setup should be fine.  We just need to get you configured correctly.

The hard part will be making sure that the PepWave and the Router work together and not against each other.  One of those devices needs to be the boss of the network, which they both want to do by default.  To work around that we would need to deactivate the DHCP server on one or the other and make sure they are on the same subnet.  For example the Pepwave would be 192.168.1.1 and the router would be 192.168.1.2, where the subnet is 192.168.1.x.

You can look IP Addresses of the devices by navigating to Start > Run > CMD > IPConfig.  Once you know the IP Address of each device you can enter it into a web browser and view the configuration page.

Look up the IP Addresses of all the interested devices and post them back to us.  We can help you more from there.

0 Likes
StacieR

Sorry it took me a while to reply. My computer wouldn't recognize my router and I had to fix that little issue Smiley Happy.  Ok. So here is what i have done so far. I got the Pepwave and the Linksiys router to work connected to my computer, i think. The verizon mifi ip address is 192.168.1.1. the pepwave is 192.168.20.1 so i made the router 192.168.20.2 and disabled DHCP.  the dvr is 192.168.001.106. i am trying to view the dvr remotely so when i go to set that up it wont' pickup the router just the pepwave. but my thought is if it connects through that it will eat my mifi gigs whether i am viewing it or not. i have to have it connected through the LAN port on the router. and another thing, it seems that if i have the pepwave and router plugged in and set up my mifi light blinks like its connected. i check the network settings and nothing is logged in. do i need to change something else?

thank you for your help!

0 Likes
StacieR

i replied back to this in the forum but im not sure if it tells you or not. kinda new at this thing~

Stacie Rees

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:30:59 -0600

To: (Edited to removed email address as per )

Subject: Re: connect 4510l, cisco ea2700, pepwave surf mini - Re: connect 4510l, cisco ea2700, pepwave surf mini

created by John (removed personal information) in Broadband & Netbook Community - View the full discussion

Stacie, I think this is the more accurate diagram of your enviornment:Internet )))))) MiFi ))))))) Pepwave ==== Router ==== DVR)))) = Wireless== = Ethernet cable If that is true then your setup should be fine.  We just need to get you configured correctly. The hard part will be making sure that the PepWave and the Router work together and not against each other.  One of those devices needs to be the boss of the network, which they both want to do by default.  To work around that we would need to deactivate the DHCP server on one or the other and make sure they are on the same subnet.  For example the Pepwave would be 192.168.1.1 and the router would be 192.168.1.2, where the subnet is 192.168.1.x. You can look IP Addresses of the devices by navigating to Start > Run > CMD > IPConfig.  Once you know the IP Address of each device you can enter it into a web browser and view the configuration page. Look up the IP Addresses of all the interested devices and post them back to us.  We can help you more from there.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Broadband & Netbook Community by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

(deleted private/personal information)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Stacie,

If your DVR is pulling a 192.168.1.106 IP Address then it is most likely connected to your MiFi somehow.  A device connected to the Pepwave or the Cisco should have a 192.168.20.x IP address according to your previous post.  Not sure how that is possible considering you mentioned the DVR is hard wired into the Cisco, perhaps it is also connected wirelessly to the MiFi?  Any devices that you connect to this network are going to have access to the MiFi when the MiFi is in range, I wouldnt worry about trying to do anything special to break it up.  Try to get the DVR onto the same 192.168.20.x network as the rest of your devices and you should be good to go.

Blinking lights on the MiFi is nothing to be concerned about.  The MiFi will blink anytime someone is connected to it as of the most recent firmware update.  It no longer can be relied on to blink when data is moving across it.

Its easier to respond if you sign into the forums directly and post on your thread.  The email response system is buggy and cumbersome.

0 Likes