connection not recognized by computer after 15 minutes
barrie2m

How do I change settings so that I don't have to go through the continuous process of turning the wireless device off and then back on again in order to continue with a connection that my computer recognizes? The connection must go into a state of dormancy after a short period of inactivity and the startup process is combersome and lengthly.

0 Likes
Re: connection not recognized by computer after 15 minutes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone/device do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
barrie2m

I have the Verizon Mifi 4G LTE. i've had it since May, 2012; problems keeping connection since then.

Barrie <Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there barrie2m. I'm glad to hear that you have the 4G MiFi device and I hope that you are enjoying the blazing fast speeds of 4G.

The device is designed to go dormant after a period of inactivity. This ensures that you are not continuing to use data even when not using the device. Do you experience disconnects when connected to a data session?

NickB_VZW
Verizon Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
barrie2m

Hi Nick,

I expect that the connection would go dormant but the reconnect never occurs through my computer. I always need to turn the modem off and then on to the point of alternating green and red flashing (modem) before trying to reconnect by way of my computer; my computer then will go through a diagnosis of the bad connection and finally reconnect. That appears to be the only process whereby I can achieve any connection at all. The process takes 5 or more minutes at the "Blazing" speed that I'm running at. This inconvenience is getting old real fast to the point where I'm considering another internet option.

Barrie

0 Likes