Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
connection not recognized by computer after 15 minutes
barrie2m

How do I change settings so that I don't have to go through the continuous process of turning the wireless device off and then back on again in order to continue with a connection that my computer recognizes? The connection must go into a state of dormancy after a short period of inactivity and the startup process is combersome and lengthly.

0 Likes
Re: connection not recognized by computer after 15 minutes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Which phone/device do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
barrie2m

I have the Verizon Mifi 4G LTE. i've had it since May, 2012; problems keeping connection since then.

Barrie <Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there barrie2m. I'm glad to hear that you have the 4G MiFi device and I hope that you are enjoying the blazing fast speeds of 4G.

The device is designed to go dormant after a period of inactivity. This ensures that you are not continuing to use data even when not using the device. Do you experience disconnects when connected to a data session?

NickB_VZW
Verizon Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
barrie2m

Hi Nick,

I expect that the connection would go dormant but the reconnect never occurs through my computer. I always need to turn the modem off and then on to the point of alternating green and red flashing (modem) before trying to reconnect by way of my computer; my computer then will go through a diagnosis of the bad connection and finally reconnect. That appears to be the only process whereby I can achieve any connection at all. The process takes 5 or more minutes at the "Blazing" speed that I'm running at. This inconvenience is getting old real fast to the point where I'm considering another internet option.

Barrie

0 Likes