considering broadband internet;can video be watched wlo pause every other sec?
Dragonflyhlb
Hello I am new. I currently use my blackberry as a modeum for our PC-we do not have a laptop. When ever I watch video there is a pause every other sec. We only have cell phones-no land line. Will broadband allow my to watch video without interruption? Also is there a was to connect my dvr(dish network) to the broadband? It would elimanite an extra charge & we would not have to go online to order PPV.
Thanks!:smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Re: considering broadband internet;can video be watched wlo pause every other sec?
BBgirl09
Contributor - Level 1

It's probably pausing due to buffering, meaning the BlackBerry connection speed is not as fast as the video speed.  Or imagine a trying to drink a thick milkshake through a tiny straw...

I don't think there is a fix for that unless you can get a lower resolution video stream.  I don't know about connecting your dvr to the broadband -- doesn't seem likely to me that it would work.  The other consideration is streaming video/movies uses a LOT of data.  If you are on the 5 Gb data plan, you could go through that very quickly.

0 Likes
Re: considering broadband internet;can video be watched wlo pause every other sec?
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1
Try a few other sites. I have good luck with YouTube, depending on signal strength. EVDO data is very sensitive to signal strength and once it drops below "excellent" the data speeds quickly drop off.
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

Definitely an issue with buffering.  You actually will see "Buffering" at the bottom of the videos screen when this is happening. I allow the video to play so that it gets through the aggravating parts of the start and stop and then I start the video from the beginning.  Usually because the video has completed the buffer process I can watch the video w/o interruption. 

With the DVR you would need a dedicated POTS line in order to connect and order movies, etc. through your satellite service provider.

0 Likes