Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
considering broadband internet;can video be watched wlo pause every other sec?
Dragonflyhlb
Hello I am new. I currently use my blackberry as a modeum for our PC-we do not have a laptop. When ever I watch video there is a pause every other sec. We only have cell phones-no land line. Will broadband allow my to watch video without interruption? Also is there a was to connect my dvr(dish network) to the broadband? It would elimanite an extra charge & we would not have to go online to order PPV.
Thanks!:smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Re: considering broadband internet;can video be watched wlo pause every other sec?
BBgirl09
Novice

It's probably pausing due to buffering, meaning the BlackBerry connection speed is not as fast as the video speed.  Or imagine a trying to drink a thick milkshake through a tiny straw...

I don't think there is a fix for that unless you can get a lower resolution video stream.  I don't know about connecting your dvr to the broadband -- doesn't seem likely to me that it would work.  The other consideration is streaming video/movies uses a LOT of data.  If you are on the 5 Gb data plan, you could go through that very quickly.

0 Likes
Re: considering broadband internet;can video be watched wlo pause every other sec?
LukeTech
Novice
Try a few other sites. I have good luck with YouTube, depending on signal strength. EVDO data is very sensitive to signal strength and once it drops below "excellent" the data speeds quickly drop off.
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc

Definitely an issue with buffering.  You actually will see "Buffering" at the bottom of the videos screen when this is happening. I allow the video to play so that it gets through the aggravating parts of the start and stop and then I start the video from the beginning.  Usually because the video has completed the buffer process I can watch the video w/o interruption. 

With the DVR you would need a dedicated POTS line in order to connect and order movies, etc. through your satellite service provider.

0 Likes