does anyone know how to forward customer ports on the MiFi 4510L?
cwalk33

I have forwarded ports before and know how to on the 5 hot spot device, however I just got this new one and it only has preset ports that can be forwarded. I use it to online game for my x-box 360 and I need to forward 4 customer ports so that my NAT is at an open status. I know I can add customer port filtering but no options for the actual port forwarding of custom ports. Please help Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: does anyone know how to forward customer ports on the MiFi 4510L?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

One place you could check is under the Port Filtering area.

To enable Port Filtering:

1. Navigate to mifi.admin

2. Sign into the MiFi

3. Navigate to Security > Port Filtering

4. Check the Enable Port Filtering checkbox

5. Check all of the boxes in the list to continue normal internet usage

5. Click Custom Applications

6. Enter your XBox port credentials

7. Click Apply

8. Test Xbox

Normally the area you would look for would be the Port Forwarding area.  However, Port Forwarding only allows you to enter IP Addresses of the devices connected on your network, it is not concerned about port numbers which is misleading.

Give these steps a shot and let us know if they work or not.  I do not have my own Xbox to test and confirm on my own.

0 Likes
cwalk33

I've tried that as well. But it still hadn't worked. I'm totally lost on

this one.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

What is your public IP Address when you have this problem? 

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Reports have come in where Verizon has provided some new IP Segments which are not publically accessible for forwarding.  It may not have anything to do with the MiFi.

0 Likes
cwalk33

I must make an IP address just for the xbox when forwarded the ports on my 5 spot. But the MiFi 4510L has no custom ports fields at all.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

For what its worth you can lookup the IP Address of the XBox when it is connected to the MiFi. 

Once you know the IP maybe you can enter it into the Port Forwarding area under the Security Tab.  We will have to be sure the xBox is connected first and the IP Address will likely change every time as the MiFi has no custom IP Address assignment features.

Lookup IP Address of a connected device

1. Navigate to http://mifi.admin (From a computer)
  2. Enter "admin" in the textbox in the upper right hand corner
  3. Click the LAN tab
  4. Review the IP Addresses in the Connected Devices area
  5. Connect your new device to the MiFi
  6. Click the Refresh button
  7. Review the IP Addresses in the Connected Devices area

Try to cross reference the Hostname and MAC addresses with the connected devices for each to confirm which IP belongs to which device. You can refresh the page to better capture the newly connected devices. 

0 Likes
Nap

You can't.  Wait for cradlepoint to release firmware for the new 4560 so that it's routers can connect USB to the 4560. And then upgrade to the 4560 and get a compatible cradlepoint router to forward your ports.  I had the same problem and got a cradlepoint for my mifi 2200.

I also just heard you can forward ports and achieve a NAT status of Open with the Homefusion setup. 

0 Likes
cjrhea
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you've heard any details on Port Forwarding/NAT on the Home Fusion setup, please let me know. I've been

fighting with it for weeks. Verizon Support can't help.  It *seems* like it should work, but just doesn't (and yes, I have

a public IP, unless it's blocked by Verizon somewhere upstream).

0 Likes
drumfeed

i dont like phones much anyway, and the only reason I got broadband MiFi was for my laptop and my XBOX, if Verizon doesnt want to provide what I pay them fore (service). then I am more then willing to spend my money elsewhere.

I mean, you pay them good money right, shouldnt you get the service you expect?

What is wrong with this company?

0 Likes
joestack

A recourse that Verizon must respond to is the FCC. You can and should file a complaint online at fcc.gov website and carefully explain your issue. Verizon takes this kind of complaint seriously, since it can and will hit them in the wallet.

I have taken Comcast and Verizon to the FCC complaint dept. and got results via a "special" contact person that will personally call you from the company. This approach is not a joke to them. My phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx Anyone can call me to ask a question about this post or to get more information.

<< Please use the Direct Message feature to communicate privately with other community members.  Do NOT post private information such as phone numbers and emails. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes