I connect to the internet with a UMW190 modem. Doesn't seem to matter what I am doing it has a problem with going dormant. I've tried refreshing through the manager, refreshing the page I'm on, everything I can think of. Most of the time to get reconnected I have to take the modem totally out of the laptop and put it back in again. It shows I have the latest version so I don't know what is wrong with it. Any suggestions?
I have provided some information below that may help.
1. Check signal strength / relocate where the device is used. Instructions given in the article below:
2. Run activation – To complete an activation you must open VZ Access Manager and select the options tab at the top of the program. Once options is selected, in the drop menu select run activation.
3. Complete a system restart
4. Ensure you have the latest version of VZAM. To check the current version you can do the following:
-Select the Help tab
-Select about VZ Access Manager
-The version number will be shown on the upper left e.g. Version 188.8.131.52 (2420B)
-Select Supported Devices on the read menu on the left
-Select the device e.g UMW190 and the OS it applies to Windows XP/Vista /7 or Mac.
-Select the appropriate link to start the download if it is newer than your current version.
5. Uninstall / Install – Completely uninstall the old version of VZ Access Manager, restart the computer, and install the newest version.