i phone not connecting to samsung extender, all bars are blue. any ideas?
cdmd

i phone not connecting to samsung extender, all bars are blue. any ideas?

have made 3 calls to customer service, but they are unable to fix problem

suggestions appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i phone not connecting to samsung extender, all bars are blue. any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cdmd, love that device, even though I am an android person that iphone is a beauty. That being known you would need to turn off Enable LTE on your phone. Restart and try the #48. You need to be within 15 feet of the extender when you initially connect the device to it. Once connected , you will be able to use the device in the radius of the extender. Your phone should work in a 3G signal when on the extender. Let us know what you see, and how the connection goes.

CheriSSS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Which iPhone model?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a personal network extender in your home helps keep you connected indoors. Keeping you connected is our number one goal. Can you please make sure you have your advanced calling turned off in your phone? Please go to Settings > Cellular > then enable LTE and turn that to off while you are at home.  Restart the phone and then within 15 feet of the network extender dial #48. This should connect you to the extender. Please let us know how this worked for you.

CheriS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Some iPhones don't have Advanced Calling.

0 Likes
cdmd

it is an iphone 6

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, make sure Advanced Calling is not active on the phone.  AC is not compatible with the extender.  The extender is 3G only and AC uses LTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cdmd, love that device, even though I am an android person that iphone is a beauty. That being known you would need to turn off Enable LTE on your phone. Restart and try the #48. You need to be within 15 feet of the extender when you initially connect the device to it. Once connected , you will be able to use the device in the radius of the extender. Your phone should work in a 3G signal when on the extender. Let us know what you see, and how the connection goes.

CheriSSS_VZW

0 Likes