iBook setup for VW Wireless UM175 USB Modem
MBBeachWalker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a VW Wireless UM175 USB Modem for two computers;

ONE -  Intel iMac desktop - where it works fine - I used the WWAN s/w from the Apple site to set it up. VZAccess Manager S/W is working fine. No Problems Works Great!

TWO -  iBook G4 Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Processor 1.2Ghz PowerPC G4) (NOT Intel, laptop) - I am completely lost! I am an experienced Apple user. The VZ Access Manager S/W installed but does not see the UM175. I have not found an equivalent to the WWAN s/w (WWAN is only for Intel machines). I have tryed to setup the System Preferences - Network configurations, copying what is on the iMac desktop - but I do not have the 'Password' and no idea where it came from. Is this modem going to work on my iBook? If it doesn't I'll need to cancel the account. What am I missing?  Is there S/W available to help with the setup on this machine? Any idea how I figure out what the 'Password' is? 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,  Diane

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iBook setup for VW Wireless UM175 USB Modem
MBBeachWalker
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hip Hip Hooray! It works! It's amazing what a nights sleep can do. I was confusing 'not connected' with 'can not find'. Everything works great! I am able to use the one device on both computers! Sorry for the confusion. Peace

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iBook setup for VW Wireless UM175 USB Modem
MBBeachWalker
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hip Hip Hooray! It works! It's amazing what a nights sleep can do. I was confusing 'not connected' with 'can not find'. Everything works great! I am able to use the one device on both computers! Sorry for the confusion. Peace
0 Likes