long time customer discarded
evhead

I have a pc5740 and have had success with it for years. This month, it slowed to 120 kbps and I reported it to tech support. They sent me a new card, had me reset various things on my computer to no avail. After getting them to admit it was an access problem, the engineers called me to say they weren't going to fix it this year. I can only surmise that Verizon is selling bandwidth to the 3g people, and letting their longtime customers suffer. Though Verizon has given me a refund on the month and offered to let me out of the contract , the company's lack of concern for my time and trouble is everything I hate about corporations. The idea that a fifteen year customer has to threaten a lawsuit to get treated well is not like the Verizon I know.  

0 Likes
Re: long time customer discarded
Not applicable

How much money do you think they should spend to keep one customer?

0 Likes
DaveMertz

The PC5740 appears to be an older EVDO Rev 0 card.  Perhaps Verizion is having only difficulty maintaining support for EVDO Rev 0 devices in your area.  Since Verizon is offering to let you out of your current contract, you might investigate whether or not a new contract with a current-technology, twice-as-fast EVDO Rev A device available from Verizon would be a solution to your connectivity problem.  (Or do you you simply prefer the old contract terms?)

Dave

0 Likes
lyndarva

He didn't specify about the card, but perhaps he had an unlimited data card.  I used to have one of those for my Mac.  Verizon wasn't happy about it and whenever there was a problem I was told I needed to get another card.  Finally a representative told me that my card was coveted, that it had unlimited data plan and they didn't sell those any longer.  If I had gone to another card, I would have had a limited plan.

0 Likes