maybe a **bleep** question?
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

My daughter is going away to school this summer, and I thought of buying her a cheap netbook, probably the affordable ones from Verizon, just for email and light work. She has a Blackberry Storm. Does the Netbook somehow connect to the Storm for connectivity to the internet? Do I have to buy something extra? Or is it going to cost me (or her) an extra $30/month for internet?

0 Likes
Re: maybe a **bleep** question?
Not applicable

The netbook connects to the internet without any other devices, hence the name.  The cost is $60 per month for 5 GB, which isn't alot.  Most schools/universities have free WIFI.  I would just get her a good quality laptop, not a netbook.

0 Likes
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

She is staying at apartments that are affiliated with the school, approx. 20 min away, and do not have wireless conectivity. the students have to buy their own cable for tv and/or for computers.  $60/month is expensive just to connect to the computer to just email, etc.

0 Likes
Not applicable

She will probably need/want unlimited internet connectivity for her school work.  I think she should probably get cable internet or DSL at her apartment.  When on campus, there is probably free wireless available.  She needs a good laptop with WIFI capability, which most have built in.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
She can use the blackberry desktop manager software, latest version; to connect to the internet. She will also need a data plan which is 60 dllrs and its capped at 5 gigs. For a college student, I would say its better to get her a local internet plan, cable dsl or something else as the previous posters said.
0 Likes