mifi 15510L
mtlouverizon

I just got this yesterday and am attempting to set it up with an ASus with Windows 8.   I can't seem to get it to work wirelessly.  Works fine as long as it's tethered to the computer, but I lose connection as soon as I unplug.  Help?

0 Likes
Re: mifi 15510L
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would call customer service  - it's my understanding that once it's set up and activated, it should allow you to connect your devices wirelessly.  What devices have you tried to use with it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear mtlouverizon,

Good morning. I understand the importance of being able to use your MiFi with your Asus tablet. I have a few questions before we get started. Is the wi-fi on your tablet turned on? Have you also tried connecting the mi-fi with another pc or tablet? What zip code are you in? Are you getting any error messages when attempting to connect to the Asus wirelessly?

If you are able to connect to other devices successfully and the Asus is the only device you are unable to connect too, I would recommend contacting the manufacture of Asus. If you are also unable to connect to other devices wirelessly. First, I would recommend removing the battery from the Mi-Fi then reinsert it back to the device. If that does not work, please remove the SIM card from the device, then reinsert back. To learn how to remove the SIM click here http://vz.to/ZL0NWN. If you are still experiencing difficulties with connecting your mi-fi wirelessly, please feel free to reach out to us. We will be happy to further assist.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Doublecheck the wireless password that you entered for your MiFi.  I'd bet you entered a key incorrectly.

0 Likes
mtlouverizon

I called you folks after the Geek Squad gave me a phone number. Your staff helped me get it all straightened out on Saturday. Thanks, anyway.

0 Likes
mtlouverizon

Thanks - that wasn't the problem. The problem was when I changed passwords, the change didn't register in the list of available wi-fis on my computer. All I had to do was "forget" the connection, and then click on it again so it would force a new password. It did, works well, and I'm very happy with the jetpack. Thanks for your thoughts.

0 Likes