Re: FIXED Re: mifi constantly disconnects
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello mtyler1115, for connection issue at your family member's house, it appears it does have to do with building interference especially if there are no interruptions at your house. We can do more in depth troubleshooting to confirm by calling us from their home with the MiFi available at 800-922-0204.
As for your question about setting up a steady internet connection, your data connection will go into a "sleep" or dormant mode after a period without any data being transmitted.  While it is beneficial to the network, this also limits any data usage running causing unexpected overages. If applications such as desktop weather apps or Anti-Virus scans (which all ping the network often) are running, the connection may not ever be idle/dormant. Please keep in mind this would use data against your data usage allowance.
There is an option in VZ Access Manager to auto-connect while in use. For Mac's, select VZAccess Manager menu--> Preferences --> Auto-Connect WWAN. For Windows select Options --> Connect --> WWAN connection type: NDIS Mode - Auto-connect.
GinaH_VZWSupport

Hello mtyler1115, for connection issue at your family member's house, it appears it does have to do with building interference especially if there are no interruptions at your house. We can do more in depth troubleshooting to confirm by calling us from their home with the MiFi available at 800-922-0204.

As for your question about setting up a steady internet connection, your data connection will go into a "sleep" or dormant mode after a period without any data being transmitted.  While it is beneficial to the network, this also limits any data usage running causing unexpected overages. If applications such as desktop weather apps or Anti-Virus scans (which all ping the network often) are running, the connection may not ever be idle/dormant. Please keep in mind this would use data against your data usage allowance.

There is an option in VZAccess Manager to auto-connect while in use. For Mac's, select VZAccess Manager menu--> Preferences --> Auto-Connect WWAN. For Windows select Options --> Connect --> WWAN connection type: NDIS Mode - Auto-connect.

GinaH_VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: mifi constantly disconnects
RNewman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same disconnect problem that I have read everyone else is having.  I contacted  Verizon as my device kept disconnecting and over heating.  They said I needed a new battery.   Within 2 days I found the issue worsened with the device getting extremely hot to the touch.

Verizon then sent me a new device, minus the battery and back cover.  I have used it 3 days now, and it does the same things my other device did.  

I don't know what to do next.  We have had the same company for our cell phones (Alltel-Verizon) and have had only a few problems than have been taken care of locally for us.

We live in the country and have few options for internet service, as broadband is not offered through our land lines.  I would think as a valued customer, that Verizon could offer other options, instead of just telling us you have a 2 year contract and cannot change anything.   What good does that do me with a contract when I cannot even use the service because of problems with the hardware.

Any suggestions.   Between freezing up, and disconnecting to the internet, it is taking me longer to pay my bills and do any thing on here.   The whole time I have been on tonight and side light keeps blinking and when I first purchased the original device it didn't do that. 

I'm not a computer or electronics whiz, so this makes me ever more frustrated.