mifi & wii
dmc803

I am having trouble running my wii with the mifi. i have went through the steps sevral times but don't know if I have the settings right. if any one knows the steps it would be very helpful.

0 Likes
Re: mifi & wii
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

These steps should be useful in using your MIFI connection with your WII:

-Insert your air card into an appropriate port on the router and make sure that it is connected.

-Turn on Wii.

Click on the Wii button in the lower-left corner of the main Wii menu screen.

Select "Wii Settings."

Click on the blue arrow to the right to access the second level of Wii System Settings.

Click on "Internet," then "Connection Settings."

Select an unused "Connection," which is indicated by "None." (For example, Connection 1 may be associated with "Wireless," while Connection 2 and 3 show "None." You may use either Connection 2 or 3 in this situation to set up a new connection.)

Choose "Wireless Connection."

Select "Search for an Access Point." Choose "OK" to display the available access points.

Select the desired network. If your network requires a security key, Wii will prompt you to enter the key. Enter the key, and press "OK."

Click "OK" to "Test" the connection.

Click "Yes" to upgrade your Wii firmware, if prompted, then click "I Accept."

Click "OK."

-If you want to use the LAN Adapter (Wired) follow these steps below:

• Turn off Wii. Insert the Wii LAN adapter into a USB port on the Wii.

Connect the LAN adapter to your router via an RJ45 or ethernet cable.

Follow Steps 4-9 in Section 1.

Select "Wired Connection."

Click "OK."

Click "Yes" to upgrade your Wii firmware, if prompted, then click "I Accept."

Click "OK."

If y ou would like to know where this information was researched from, follow this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_5860584_hook-up-nintendo-wii-aircard.html

0 Likes
    Re: mifi & wii
    aintigreat

Get a wireless router from CradlePoint and tether you Mifi to it,  I got mine from here http://www.3gstore.com/cradlepoint  YOU will get tech support for your gaming plus they have an evdo gaming guide for your Wii, with a router you will only need to setup the wireless connection once and any user on any computer, xbox, playstation 3, or Nintendo Wii can connect via wifi or ethernet.   its so easy even a cavemen can do it.

Order from 3gstore > Get the router and turn it on > Connect your verizon card to the rotuer > 15 seconds your connected just connect to the wifi like you would at a coffe shop.

If you noticed the response you got from Verizon you cant connect an ethernet cable to your mif, but you can on the CradlePoint Router.

0 Likes