mobile broadband generic driver issues!!!!!!!!!!!!
niemis

I have a user who had a 5950 card, and then received a new usb760 modem.  She didn't contact us in IT to uninstall/install the drivers and software.  Now, after hours on the phone with verizon and performing manual unstalls and cleaning registry, we can still not install the vzaccess manager software.  We get a message that we are using the latest mobile broadband generic drivers and if we want to install the one packaged with vzaccess manager, we need to uninstall via add/remove programs.  well, it's not there.  And again i have done a full registry check and deleted those entries i was allowed to; and I did a search of the hard drive.  Has anyone had this or similar problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: mobile broadband generic driver issues!!!!!!!!!!!!
dwoyus

YES!!!   We here are haulted and need to upgrade many field users laptops with theUSB760 device but can not for the same reason.   Our users have previous PCMCIA modem cards and want to convert to the new usb model but can not.   Have you resolved this issue?

0 Likes
Re: mobile broadband generic driver issues!!!!!!!!!!!!
snafumaster

*POTENTIAL SOLUTION*

I ran into the same issue with this device today.  I had some machines with XP and the install was a snap.  My boss wanted to give it a try before we deployed them to the end users to test for simplicity. He pulled out his Vista laptop. The software installed, but the drivers had an issue.

What I did was;

• Browse to the storage drive that is part of the USB760 device looking for the folder named Driver.
  • Inside that folder you will find "NvtlDriverCDFilter_V2.02.11.001.exe", copy and paste that to your desktop.
  • Now run the "NvtlDriverCDFilter_V2.02.11.001.exe" from the desktop.  This will remove the old drivers and install the new ones.
  • I then went to the device manager and found all of the instances of the Novatel device.  For me these were only in "Disk Drives" and "Removable devices".
  • Remove the USB760 device and restart the computer
  • Let the computer completely start up without any "hour glasses".
  • Re-insert the USB760 device and be patient.  It should re-install the drivers for the USB760 device.  If Windows asks you to run the Verizon setup, just wait till the drivers are installed. I never uninstalled the Verizon software, so I never needed to reinstall.
  • After Windows tells you that the device has been installed, launch the Verizon Connection software from your shortcut.  If you did uninstall the Verizon Connection software, now would be the time to re-install.

I can't say if this will work for your problems.  It worked perfectly for me.

Good luck!

0 Likes