my internet connect drops unless I reboot my computer????
marsil

I have to reboot my Mac each time to maintain an internet connection.  If I log on VZAccess after my computer is in sleep mode it drops after several seconds.  I travelled to Missouri and Colorado in July and there were not these issues at either place.  I live in Illinois outside of Chicago and Verizon after many many calls says it is the foilage in my area?????  I have 2 homes an hour apart and it happens at both places.  For a year I had perfect service.

Any similar issues or suggestions?  I gave up contacting Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: my internet connect drops unless I reboot my computer????
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

This sounds like a software problem with your Mac.  That would explain why you are having the same problem in both locations as your computer is not changing.  To know for sure you would have to test your connection to the device on a different computer and compare.

You might have to disable Sleep Mode in order to work around it. 

0 Likes
marsil

Thanks for your response.  I just wonder if it is a software problem with my MAC why my connection didn't drop when I spent 3 weeks in Missouri and a week in Colorado using the same device (Pantec)? 

I have spoken to Verizon 15 plus times, including 2 supervisors to no avail.  Also my connections worked for a whole year at both addresses in Illinois before this issue arose.

Something changed, but what?   Maybe disabling sleep mode is the answer.  

Thanks you for your help........Marsha 

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

We can't really know for sure unless we have another computer to compare results against. 

For example it might be a seasonal interference (foliage) or a temporary outage.  It might be a problem with a certain tower in those areas.  It could be a coincidence of the apps that you have open when you go into sleep mode.  Lots of possibilities.  Only trial and error mixed with isolation techniques will help you narrow them down.

A good technique that I like to share is something called Site Survey's:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

See if you can make any more discoveries about your connection problem and share your results.  Otherwise you can push back to VZW and see if they will send you a replacement device/SIM card.

0 Likes