network extender calls silence randomly
magicalstephie

I just bought the network extender, and have been using it for a few days.  It works amazing except for a consistent problem I've found.  I'll be on the phone on the extender's service when suddenly I don't hear anything and the other person doesn't hear me.  The call isn't disconnected, we just stop hearing each other.  One of us will end the call, and then for the next 5 minutes I won't be able to make any calls or receive any.  Each time I try it says that the call cannot be completed.  I'll still have 5 bars on my 1x from the extender, and the extender still has all blue lights acting normal.  My computer was not hooked up so I was not using the network for anything other than the call.  This is rather annoying, because having tow ait 5 minutes to call someone back from being interrupted in  the middle of a conversation is inconvenient.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: network extender calls silence randomly
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

I have not heard of this issue from any of our other customers, that have the Network Extender. What you can do is contact our Tech Support team and have some basic troubleshooting done. It could be a defective device, that needs to be replaced. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
MtOgre

It's likely a bandwidth issue.  Having configured and maintained plenty of VOIP connections, I can attest to this being a common problem.  Often when there isn't enough upstream bandwidth available, one or both sides of the conversation will drop off without disconnecting the call.  Downstream isn't usually an issue.  It might be beneficial to check the available bandwidth when you experience this problem, using one of the many speed testing sites.  Compare the numbers to the minimum requirements for the network extender, that should help to identify the problem.

I've even had this problem with my network extender before I configured the QoS on my network.

0 Likes
magicalstephie

I know it's not a bandwidth issue because I get 8Mbps downloads and 1Mbps uploads and have the problem when no one else is using the service.  The store rep replaced my device and I'm still getting the issue.  I also replaced my phone (it was also having issues) and that didn't fix it either.  I guess the next step is Tech Support, but since this issue is random I have no way of verifying right away if it is solved.

0 Likes
JoeyD

I'm having the same issue too. My downdload speed is about 22mbps and upload is around 5 mbps. it seems the its hardware related or americas most reliable network!!!!  right!?!??!?!?!?!

0 Likes
magicalstephie

This is STILL happening.  It was fixed until that network extender outage we recently had and now I can't call ANYONE at home because after 2 minutes into the call it's silence and I have to hang up and wait 5 minutes.

0 Likes
JoeyD

SAME HERE!!!  :manmad:

0 Likes
mrmannyg

I have the same problem with the calls now its texting some go thru some dont.And also i had the cable company come out and they say its verizon not my internet.i actually have more bandwith.Please verizon fix the problem i need the extender.....

It all started after the outage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
allisonlindsay

I have the exact same problem. The call will go silent sometimes after 20 seconds, sometimes after 10 minutes, and then I can't call back. I have called Verizon support over a dozen times and none of the technicians have a solution. They have all run me through the same support script and I have tried the same tests over and over to no avail. Any help is welcomed.

0 Likes