no internet connectivity with mifi
rcoe

Just got my mifi activated and having a bit of trouble getting it working with win7 64bit. I am using a trendnet usb wireless adapter in the back of my desktop. I use the built in windows wireless connection utility. It shows as being connected and even says that the connection has internet capability in the network sharing center. Problem is for some reason I cannot connect. I have activated it in the VZ software and it does work with my old pc running XP. Just cannot get it working in win7. {Keep it Legal}I am sure it is just some windows setting, any ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: no internet connectivity with mifi
rcoe

Well talked to verizon at length today and they gave up on me. We updated to the latest vz drivers and software, but I am still getting the same thing. Both vz and win7 say I am connected, but I have zero internet access. In the win7 network center it shows all my networks but when I am using the wireless it has the big red "x" between the networks and internet. Everything works fine when plugged into the usb port. I am also having the exact same issue on my win7 media center pc.

0 Likes
Re: no internet connectivity with mifi
G-Man

I went through a few USB wireless adapters until I found a reliable one with 64-Bit.

This is what I am using:

Linksys by Cisco WUSB600N Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter

0 Likes