LiveDiablo
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Money Hungry. Tricked me out of my unlimited plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4G LTE modems and MiFi devices have never been eligible for activation on the retired unlimited broadband data plans. They can only be activated on a tiered broadband data plan. This has been the case since the 4G LTE USB modems were introduced in December 2010. The unlimited broadband data plan had been discontinued long before then. If it was important for you to keep the unlimited broadband data plan, you needed to purchase an 3G only MiFi device from a third party since Verizon Wireless no longer sells those devices. Once you have switched to a 4G LTE MiFi and the tiered data plan, you can't go back to the unlimited data plan.

They didn't trick you. You didn't do your research fully.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

LiveDiablo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I didn't know and that is the reason I called Verizon. Shouldn't they have told me this when I called??? I would have never gone out and bought a new device if they had told me it couldn't be done. Now they wont switch my plan back after they said they will. To me this is tricking someone/giving false information.

Not applicable

You were not tricked.

0 Likes
LiveDiablo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jaja. You people don't get it. So if you call verizon and ask if you can upgrade to a 4g device and keep unlimited plan and verizon tells you yes and then they take your unlimited plan. How is this not tricking you?? I spoke to 4 people at CS and they didn't tell me it couldn't be done until the 5th call. Nice to see verizon has someone looking at this posts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope just a customer like yourself.

When you spoke with CS, did you specifically say that this was for a MiFi device? The rep might have assumed you were asking about a smartphone for which the information they gave you is currently accurate. Users can purchase a smartphone at full retail and keep their unlimited SMARTPHONE data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LiveDiablo
Enthusiast - Level 2

O yes. Specifically said it was for the MiFi wireless card. I know it can be done for smartphones. I gave them the phone number associated with the MiFi card as well. I gave this same information to 5 CS reps and only the 5th rep said it couldn't be done.

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

"Ok. I have had a Mifi 3g wireless router card for a very long time. I was on the unlimited data plan. About a month and a half ago I called verizon and asked if it would be possible to upgrade to a 4G wireless hotspot card if I bought the device out of pocket" 

see you asked if you could upgrade nothing about your plan so how were you tricked they answered your question

0 Likes
LiveDiablo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Typo. I did mention if I could upgrade and keep the unlimited plan. All in all i was specific to verizon about keeping my unlimited plan.

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

The unlimited plan is not an option on any 4G Broadband Hotspot or USB Data Card!

* with the exception of certain Government/Corporate Accounts.

Also switching back to an Unlimited 3G Hotspot/USB Card will be short of an Act of God act, good luck with that

You will always get a variance of Answers to your questions depending on the Rep you speak to.  Most reps have to answer 80-120 calls a day due to AHT needs to be under 3.0 minutes or less, your best bet next time is to inform yourself in the forums or blog post, most posters have been in your situation before and have learned from their mistakes. 

You yourself will now be able to educate a Newbie asking the same exact question in the future. 

Good Luck to you sir and TGIF